Just Home From The Triumph

Rowan555

Just getting unpacked and washing clothes. I will post more details later - not a review as much as a Fantasy vs Triumph breakdown. We had a fabulous cruise, as always, but I have to say I MISS THE FANTASY! I think we'll be cutting back on cruising now that the Fantasy is no longer in New Orleans - at least until the MAGIC arrives ;)

I'll post more later, but if anyone has any questions I can answer them in the meantime.

Im surprised you are so dissapointed you will be cutting back?? Waiting to hear why too.

My main issue is that it almost always felt CROWDED on the Triumph, much much moreso than on the Fantasy. Lunch on the lido deck was a complete cattle call, and even walking down the Promenade deck in the evenings was stressful because it was so cramped and crowded. I didn't feel that relaxed, "at home" feeling I always felt on the Triumph. As I said, we had a fabulous time, but I don't think I will ever feel about the Triumph the way I felt about the Fantasy (and for the record, I was furious when the Fantasy first came here b/c we had lost the Conquest and Sensation and I felt the Fantasy was a slap in the face to New Orleans - by the end of my first 5 day cruise I was in love. I was hoping to feel the same about the Triumph, but I just couldn't get there).

My main issue is that it almost always felt CROWDED on the Triumph, much much moreso than on the Fantasy. Lunch on the lido deck was a complete cattle call, and even walking down the Promenade deck in the evenings was stressful because it was so cramped and crowded. I didn't feel that relaxed, "at home" feeling I always felt on the Triumph. As I said, we had a fabulous time, but I don't think I will ever feel about the Triumph the way I felt about the Fantasy (and for the record, I was furious when the Fantasy first came here b/c we had lost the Conquest and Sensation and I felt the Fantasy was a slap in the face to New Orleans - by the end of my first 5 day cruise I was in love. I was hoping to feel the same about the Triumph, but I just couldn't get there).

Now you have me worried. I'm sure the cruise will be good, hey it's a cruise and a vacation. However, I've been on 3 Fantasy Cruises and I love the ship. Went on the Conquest in April of last year and thought the ship was just too big. I think I like the smaller ships. I have Triumph booked for April of 2010. I hope I am not disapointed. I was happy, at first, Fantasy would only be 4 hours away, but Noooo, they are moving it again to Charolette, NC. Bummer.

Have been on the Fantasy severaltimes and thought it was great till the last time, the food was bad the new dining room seating felt like a dennys, asked for a table for 2 and ended up sitting in the wrap around booth beside other people at a table for 4 but set for 2, just did not like the service, I will still go on her again before she leaves. the Facination is due to come in mobile and she is the same class of ship and has had most of the upgrades from what I understand, I only live an hour from mobile and 3 .5 hours from NO so I can't wait to try the new ships, we are booked on the Triumph for Feb1 with a blacony cabin we have not had a blacony for the las few cruises so we can't wait. it will aslo be our 20th anniv and our first platinum we can't wait and the wait is driving us crazy

Now you have me worried. I'm sure the cruise will be good, hey it's a cruise and a vacation. However, I've been on 3 Fantasy Cruises and I love the ship. Went on the Conquest in April of last year and thought the ship was just too big. I think I like the smaller ships. I have Triumph booked for April of 2010. I hope I am not disapointed. I was happy, at first, Fantasy would only be 4 hours away, but Noooo, they are moving it again to Charolette, NC. Bummer.

It would totally suck if they moved it to Charlotte, NC! :eek: I don't think good ol' Lake Norman could handle her! :D

did they tell ya'll why ya left so late? i went down last week and this week. both weeks they didn't sail till after 6pm.

today when we got there people was still checking in at 3:45 we could see them. it looked like half the luggage was still waiting to be loaded at 3:45.

The Fantasy is gonna sail from Charoltte, NC? I gotta see that!

We cruise on the Triumph in less than 7 weeks and are very excited.:D We have only cruised out of New Orleans and Mobile on the smaller ships. Sensation,Fantasty, Holiday etc... (had a wonderful time on all 3) we were booked to sail on the Triumph in '07, I think, when it was supposed to come to New Orleans the first time and it was cancelled. :(

I would love to hear what else you thought of the ship, and also what ports did you stop at and what did you do etc?

THANKS! I am looking forward to your review!

Just for the record, Triumph was my absolute favorite ship/cruise last year, and we cruise a LOT. Yes, sometimes it has to do with your table mates, or maybe something that happened aboard, but I can't put my finger on exactly why it was such a great cruise. I think just everything in general aboard "Triumph" made it a wonderful cruise. (I may book her again, and drive all the way to N.O. just to have another "Triumph" cruise.) :D

"SKY"

The Fantasy is gonna sail from Charoltte, NC? I gotta see that!

I meant Charleston, SC. My bad, I had the "Char" right and the Carolina right. Just a few minor booboo's inbetween. Still to far for the Fantasy to go, the ship taking her place in Mobile has not received the Evolutions of fun upgrade.

Rowan 555~~We, too, felt like cows at feeding time. I have to say this wasn't my favorite cruise, either. There is something to be said for smaller ships.

I think my DH and I ran into you two in Freeport. We were walking to the beach soon after arrival and you might've passed us on the sidewalk looking for bicycles.

Rowan 555~~We, too, felt like cows at feeding time. I have to say this wasn't my favorite cruise, either. There is something to be said for smaller ships.

I think my DH and I ran into you two in Freeport. We were walking to the beach soon after arrival and you might've passed us on the sidewalk looking for bicycles.

Wasn't us! We didn't go into Freeport at all. We did a 2 hour jetski tour in Key West and were aching everywhere the morning we arrived in Freeport!

To anyone who wants to read it, I just posted my Fantasy vs. Triumph "review".

I'm just a tad bit confused (nothing new...lol) but why would you have "cattle call feeding" on a larger ship and not a smaller one ? Wouldn't a smaller ship have a smaller feeding area and less people ? I don't understand why you would not have the same problem :rolleyes:

I'm just a tad bit confused (nothing new...lol) but why would you have "cattle call feeding" on a larger ship and not a smaller one ? Wouldn't a smaller ship have a smaller feeding area and less people ? I don't understand why you would not have the same problem :rolleyes:

It's a totally different layout, and I feel the Fantasy's layout is much, MUCH better. I never felt cramped or crowded on the Fantasy (or the Sensation), and the additional food stations added last fall reduce the lines even further. The only long line on the Fantasy is the stir fry line, since it takes a bit of time to make each person's food. The buffet lines move MUCH more quickly on the Fantasy, and I believe that is due in large part to the fact that the salad bar is on the center island and not in the buffet line. The biggest delays on the Triumph seemed to be people holding up the line as they made their salads, while a hundred people stood behind them waiting to get their lunch. I think we had issues like this on the Conquest as well. Seems Carnival took a good lido layout and messed it up with Trumph, then kept on messing it up all the way up to the Dream. My parents just spend 26 days on the Dream and said the only bad part was the lido deck dining, and that it was a miserable experience each time they had to eat there. And this was on the Med and Transatlantic cruises where there weren't nearly as many people as the ship will have when it sails out of FL.

Archived