Pre-paid beverage packages

papuchon

we are sailing on the Constellation for the 14 day cruise leaving Miami on Dec. 20. This will be our 1st Celebrity Cruise.

Questions:

1.- Are the fountain sodas free on board or do we have to buy the pre-paid package?

2.- Bottled water package is $189 for one person. Can we at least share the water between us or do we have to buy 3 packages?

Bring your own water on board. Much cheaper. You can get three cases of spring water for the price of one DAY water package. You can also bring sodas on board. And no, you cannot share the packages. We always go to Walgreens and pick up a case to take with us on board. Fountan sodas are not free. You can buy a soda card for around $5-6 dollars a day, I can't remember exactly how much. The only thing you will get free is water, lemonade, tea and coffee (not specialty coffee). I think you also get the juice free in the morning.

Just got back from an 11 day Solstice Med cruise. My DW and I each got the soda pass at a cost of $5 each per day which with gratuity and tax came to over $135. We also received nice soda containers with a closable lid. The diet coke we received from various bars was fountain type soda and was frequently flat or mixed poorly giving a variable flavor. In the future for US based cruises, I plan to bring a case of coke for my daily soda fix and forego the overpriced and poor quality soda we received.:D

we are sailing on the Constellation for the 14 day cruise leaving Miami on Dec. 20. This will be our 1st Celebrity Cruise.

Questions:

1.- Are the fountain sodas free on board or do we have to buy the pre-paid package?

2.- Bottled water package is $189 for one person. Can we at least share the water between us or do we have to buy 3 packages?

Soft drinks are not free. You can purchase a package or buy per soda - they are $1.95 per can plus 15% gratuity. If you don't drink several a day, it's cheaper to buy them as you need them.

The water package is not intended to be shared. As others have mentioned, the water on board is perfectly fine to drink. If you want to take some on excursions then you could bring a few bottles with you and refill as necessary. :)

HI,

We are in a sky suite on the century december 17th. We pre-purchased a soda card for our son. I have a couple of questions please.

Will the soda card be in the suite when we board or how do we pick it up? Will it be attached already to our sons sail and sign card?

Will he be able to ask our butler for a soda from his soda card or can he only get them himself from the bars or waitstaff?

Thanks for your help.

I THINK the way they are handling the pre purchased beverage packages is to put it on your sail card and you can then show your card anywhere on the ship and get soda. If you attached it to your son's card, then he will be able to get the free soda anywhere, in the dining room, pool bars, etc.

In the past, in order to get the unlimited soda card (actually it was a sticker that was attached to your ship card,) you had to go to the Cova Cafe to purchase. I'm not sure how they do it now since Celebrity is allowing you to buy the pre-package prior to sailing (yes, I am aware that it's not yet available on all ships!) Beleive me, I've gotten the soda cards because I do tend to drink a lot of it and have gotten full use.

I'm glad they have this available now. On one of our past cruises to Bermuda, I'll never forget the looks on parents faces when they've gotten the preliminary bill and seeing all the sodas the kids ordered and drank! :eek: priceless! I'm sure that they would have gladly gotten the soda cards.

Anita

I think the Beverage packages are a great idea, at least the liquor and Beer packages. As far as I can tell, the beer packages work out to be about 6 beers or so a day. That's about my breakeven, maybe even a little more than I would drink, but I love the convenience of just showing the card and getting abeer and not having to worry about keeping those little bar slips in case there are issues at the end of the week. It is also nice to have another cost "fixed" going into a cruise, and not having to think about how much I spent or what I'm going to spend - makes it more like an all-inclusive, which I like.

Archived