Long Beach Hotels

scuddles

We will be on the Splendor March 28th and were wondering if anyone has had a good experience with any of the hotels near the port? We will be flying in the day before and having a relative take us to the hotel so we won't have a car. I have heard the there are some good ones within walking distance and breakfast available.

Hi Mate.

Bob calling from Australia.. We did the Mexican Riviera Cruise a couple of years back and stayed at Long Beach Pre Cruise. We stayed at a really nice hotel in Long Beach called '' THE COAST ". I have an idea it is now called a new name however I am sure with a bit of googling you can find it on the net. This hotel is right on the water's edge and within a easy walk to the Queen Mary.

On the morning of our cruise we walked across the bridge that takes you to downtown Long Beach and had a delightful breakfast at a place called the " OMLETTE INN ". It was really lovely and was recommended to us by locals of Long Beach.

We are going on the Mariner on the 28th March, 2010 and this time we are staying in San Pedro pre cruise.

Hope this information helps.

Bob.:)

Hi Mate.

Bob calling from Australia.. We did the Mexican Riviera Cruise a couple of years back and stayed at Long Beach Pre Cruise. We stayed at a really nice hotel in Long Beach called '' THE COAST ". I have an idea it is now called a new name however I am sure with a bit of googling you can find it on the net. This hotel is right on the water's edge and within a easy walk to the Queen Mary.

On the morning of our cruise we walked across the bridge that takes you to downtown Long Beach and had a delightful breakfast at a place called the " OMLETTE INN ". It was really lovely and was recommended to us by locals of Long Beach.

We are going on the Mariner on the 28th March, 2010 and this time we are staying in San Pedro pre cruise.

Hope this information helps.

Bob.:)

Bob,

This does help. I was actually born in Long Beach and have a brother down there so I will have him research. Thanks for the info and have a good time on your cruise.

Steph

You can stay in downtown Long Beach and take the free shuttle service (the Passport buses) to the pier. We stayed at the Renaissance which across the bridge from the pier. Many more options for dining, shopping etc.. On embarkation morning we hopped onto the bus with our luggage (they are big nice new air conditioned buses) and went to the Pier. Best of all, the shuttle service is free!

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Splendor March 28th and were wondering if anyone has had a good experience with any of the hotels near the port? We will be flying in the day before and having a relative take us to the hotel so we won't have a car. I have heard the there are some good ones within walking distance and breakfast available.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas 2 weeks ago, and stayed at the Westin Long Beach on Saturday night pre cruise. I would highly recommend it! It is a beautiful hotel in a great location - many restaurants and shops within walking distance, and it is a short drive to Shoreline Village/Queen Mary. We loved our stay there, and plan on staying an extra day or two next time we cruise!

And - we got a great price through Priceline - only $65/night!

we are first time cruisers on our honeymoon and a tight budget. coming from napa and trying to determine best action-night before hotel stay and if so where? long beach seems logical yet i see posts referring to san pedro. can anyone please recommend to budget limited mid 30s most convenient place to stay when departing on the mariner sunday the 21stfeb2010? thanks!:o

we are first time cruisers on our honeymoon and a tight budget. coming from napa and trying to determine best action-night before hotel stay and if so where? long beach seems logical yet i see posts referring to san pedro. can anyone please recommend to budget limited mid 30s most convenient place to stay when departing on the mariner sunday the 21stfeb2010? thanks!:o

All Carnival ships leave out of the Long Beach pier. The other ships leave out of San Pedro. Long Beach and San Pedro are very close to each about a 10 minute drive. I know the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor hotel and the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro are near the San Pedro port I have not stayed at either hotel so I can't recommend.

What you can do is bid a hotel on priceline. Bid low like $65 for a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel and if you don't get a hotel then try again raising the price by $5. You won't know the hotel you will get until after the offer is accepted. But if you can get a 3 star hotel for a budget hotel price then I think it will work out okay. Crowne Plaza on priceline is considered a 3 1/2 star hotel and double tree is a 3 star hotel. This site show what deals people got using priceline and hotwire it helps you bid. I hope this helps. http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=dd6e57cefe33511b31927e389e104df6&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bsan+%2Bpedro

I just saw that you are coming in from Napa. Are you driving? Then here is another idea. Parking at the port is $12 per day unless it's gone up to $15 like Long Beach. :mad:If it's $12 it will cost you $84 to park. Hotels in this area offer a park and cruise package.

Doubletree has a park n cruise package for $179. So think of it this way if it's $84 to park then the hotel is only $95.

https://secure.hilton.com/en/dt/res/choose_rates.jhtml;jsessionid=GGN5T0QUZ3UYMCSGBIW2VCQ?_requestid=49063

I know Crowne Plaza also does a Park N sail package but I can't find it on the website you might want to call then directly.

In the budget hotel range the Vagabond Inn has a park N sail package this is a 1 star hotel so don't expect to much. But it's $119 per night (cheaper if you have AAA card) so if parking is $84 anyway this hotel will only cost you $35. http://www.vagabondinn-san-pedro-california-hotel.com/

Here are some reviews for the Vagabond inn. I hope this helps.:)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d81768-Reviews-Vagabond_Inn_San_Pedro-Los_Angeles_California.html

thanks katlady. we are flying in to lgb airport and then finding a place to stay. we will be without a car. we are cruising royal caribbean, so sounds like we should stay in san pedro? we are hoping to find a hotel that offers free shuttle service right to the boat...many thanks for the tips. oooh im so excited! now to get the wedding over with so we can get onboard! :p

All Carnival ships leave out of the Long Beach pier. The other ships leave out of San Pedro. Long Beach and San Pedro are very close to each about a 10 minute drive. I know the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor hotel and the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro are near the San Pedro port I have not stayed at either hotel so I can't recommend.

What you can do is bid a hotel on priceline. Bid low like $65 for a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel and if you don't get a hotel then try again raising the price by $5. You won't know the hotel you will get until after the offer is accepted. But if you can get a 3 star hotel for a budget hotel price then I think it will work out okay. Crowne Plaza on priceline is considered a 3 1/2 star hotel and double tree is a 3 star hotel. This site show what deals people got using priceline and hotwire it helps you bid. I hope this helps. http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=dd6e57cefe33511b31927e389e104df6&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bsan+%2Bpedro

There is also a board here on Cruise Critc called "West Coast Departures" that has lots of good info. That was how I found out about bidding $65 for the hotel in Long Beach.

juicyg...congrats on the wedding, neighbor:)

we have stayed at the crowne plaza and the doubletree, we did park & sail both times...since you wont have a car i think the crowne plaza would be perfect for you;)

its in the heart of san pedro with lots of things within walking distance and they will shuttle you to the pier on embarkation morning:D

do like others said,go priceline for 65 bucks,ya cant beat that:cool:

dave

• 2 weeks later...

priceline, she aint what she used to be...they flaunt winning bids for 67 in san pedro but wont accept mine at the same or higher. I waited 24 hours, deleted my cookies and they still wont allow me to rebid.

I booked a AAA rate at the Clarion for 72 bucks, but realize we have no way there from LGB Airport and they offer no shuttle service. By the time we pay for a cab, the room rate is no longer such a good deal.

Im more confused than ever. It IS our honeymoon night, so it would be nice to sleep in a pretty hotel but I am trying to get it for under 100 with shuttle service from LGB to the property. I don't mind taking a cab to the dock, provided it also isnt a 20 mile drive...confused again.

G

We were on the Splendor in Oct and stayed at the Hilton and it was a beautiful hotel and and they had a deal it was a special Carnival rate and it was like 89 a night and it included the room, 2 free drinks at the bar, free internet and free shuttle to and from the pier and free parking for the week... so if you think about it all in all we got the room free cause if we would have had to pay for parking at the pier @ 15 a day for 7 days... And this hotel was in walking distnace to many places...

priceline, she aint what she used to be...they flaunt winning bids for 67 in san pedro but wont accept mine at the same or higher. I waited 24 hours, deleted my cookies and they still wont allow me to rebid.

I booked a AAA rate at the Clarion for 72 bucks, but realize we have no way there from LGB Airport and they offer no shuttle service. By the time we pay for a cab, the room rate is no longer such a good deal.

Im more confused than ever. It IS our honeymoon night, so it would be nice to sleep in a pretty hotel but I am trying to get it for under 100 with shuttle service from LGB to the property. I don't mind taking a cab to the dock, provided it also isnt a 20 mile drive...confused again.

G

I'm sorry the Priceline thing didn't work out. We ended up with the Best Western of Long Beach. They had a good park and cruise package.

However, I did run it for Feb 21 to 22 for Crowne Plaza Hotel

LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOTEL. I'm getting an 14 day advance rate of $96 (tax not included add another 15% or so) for a king size bed. Under transportion it does say:

The complimentary hotel shuttle runs from 7:30 am - 10:30 pm (within 5 miles) and is subject to availability. I know it's a little more money then the Clarion, but if you have free shuttle from long beach airport to the hotel and free shuttle to the cruise ship. That will make the two hotels about the same price. I would call and double check with the hotel about the shuttle service. :) I hope that helps your confusion, check you cancel policy on the Clarion.

http://www.crowneplaza.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/LAXPV?&sitrackingid=30820123&dp=true&ovadid=42433548012&yahoomatchtype=std&siclientid=1863&cm_mmc=Yahoo-PS-CrownePlaza-_-Y+B-AmericasWest-_-CA-SanPedro-_-crowne+plaza+hotel+san+pedro%7C-%7CY192347986512&cm_guid=3-_-192347986512-_-42433548012

• 2 weeks later...
We ended up with the Best Western of Long Beach. They had a good park and cruise package.

We are leaving SP on the Mariner, Jan 31st. Did you stay at the BW near the convention center or in Long beach. I know the latter has a shuttle from LB airport to the hotel and then to the pier the next day. If you stayed at the BW near the CC did it also have the same? Further, we have heard that there are some areas in LB that one should stay away from. Did you find your BW location was OK?

Thanks

Archived