Labadee will not be ready!

DEIx15x8

I guess the cement won't cure in time:

Labadee dock not ready, #Oasis to tender Dec 3 (says @RoyalCaribbean) - only time ship will have to tender in near future!

about 1 hour ago from web

I wouldn't want to tender with 6,000 other people!

If RCI can throw as many tenders as possible at Oasis and use both sides for embark and debark then it shouldn't be too bad.

Tendering has always been part of cruising, its almost a shame Oasis will be the beginning of the end of that.

Hi guys,

I was told by Cynthia Paez of Royal Caribbean that the ship will use tenders in Labadee on December 3 -- thus the tweet "(says Royal Caribbean)." A PR person from Royal Caribbean is disputing the claim, however, so I'll report back when he responds.

Thanks,

Dan Askin

Associate Editor

Cruise Critic

Hi guys,

I was told by Cynthia Paez of Royal Caribbean that the ship will use tenders in Labadee on December 3 -- thus the tweet "(says Royal Caribbean)." A PR person from Royal Caribbean is disputing the claim, however, so I'll report back when he responds.

Thanks,

Dan Askin

Associate Editor

Cruise Critic

Gotta love how well the cruise lines communicate with one another within the same company. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.:rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Dan Askin

Associate Editor

Cruise Critic

Thanks Dan:)

If RCI can throw as many tenders as possible at Oasis and use both sides for embark and debark then it shouldn't be too bad.

Tendering has always been part of cruising, its almost a shame Oasis will be the beginning of the end of that.

As I recall there are only three tenders at Labadee and maybe only one landing place at the island. Maybe there are two landings, but three boats and two landings will limit the number of people who can go to the island in any given period of time. If the ship has close to four, five or six thousand folks who want to go to the island...well, do the math.

Since it is a beach day anyway, why don't they just let us jump off the boat and swim in? We'll already be wearing our swim suits. They could call it a snorkling excursion and charge for the experience.

Seriously, I don't see this as a big deal. There are plenty of hours to enjoy the beach during the day. My experience with other private islands is everyone wants to be the first one off the ship but they are also usually the first back to the ship. We just take our time eating breakfast and people watch in the early morning. Then when the chaos slows down, we tender to the island. Getting to the beach before 10:00AM is too early anyway.

Confirmed, supposedly from the "top" -- as said by Royal Caribbean spokesperson Harrison Liu -- that the ship will DOCK in Labadee, and not tender.

Thanks,

Dan Askin

Associate Editor

Cruise Critic

Interesting....I guess we shall not know for sure till thur Dec 3rd;)

Well .. there is nothing new in this. If you look the Dec. 1 sailing up on rccl.com, then it says it will be tendered. When I was there the last time with Liberty then I had absolutly no problem with the ship being tendered.

It will be fine ...

Sure it will be....no one plans to get off the big girl anyway:p:D

Sorry I should have given the link as well. Didn't realize it didn't say who it was from in what I copied.

It's from the official Cruise Critic twitter feed. I've heard the rumor a hundred times but if CC says it I think it has a lot more validity.

LOL, I dind't think of it like that Carol !!! But I would like to see how many they could fit in there, (seated)....:p

Nancy, you should talk to Pat and Linda (BC Islanders) and tell them they should go on the Oasis:D

October 16th would be a good one for them;)

Carol:)

Archived