EOS in Barbados on a Sunday

wamoi

I'm on the 7 March, 2010 cruise from Cape Liberty on the Explorer of the Seas. We are supposed to be in Barbados on a Sunday. Are the shops open, or do the sidewalks pretty much roll up?

Love to explore and talk to locals, not much of a party till you drop type.

This is my first time with RCCL. Any tips on the ship would be great.:D

I'm on the 7 March, 2010 cruise from Cape Liberty on the Explorer of the Seas. We are supposed to be in Barbados on a Sunday. Are the shops open, or do the sidewalks pretty much roll up?

Hi

We are on the same cruise, most of the tours do not operate on a Sunday and the shops in Bridgetown will be closed. We plan to walk to lobster alive and spend some time on the beach.

I believe the shops in the terminal stay open when there are Cruise ships in, and they are plentiful.

If you go to the Ports of Call board and look up Barbados, there is a thread on all information which is excellent

Sandian

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

Saw this a little late, but I was on the March 7 cruise as well. We did a taxi tour and the Boatyard. I LOVED BARBADOS beaches! Am going again in January 2011 on same ship.

We were on the Explorer in Jan. & stopped in Barbados on a Sunday. Yes, all of the shops at the port were open, but nothing in town. People did go on excursions. We just walked into town & enjoyed a nice Sunday stroll. Some people did go to the beach. Enjoy your cruise.

very very few shops in town will be open. go to the boatyard, it is a great deal. i think the cab there is $2pp. once you get there you pay $10pp and that gets you admission, an alcoholic drink (choice of 2), a beach chair and a ride back to the boat. it is a nice, clean beach with activities bathrroms and food.

Many nicer beaches in Barbados compared to a tourist trap like the Boatyard.

Agreed, nicer beaches than Boatyard, however the Heatwave tour that operates out of the Boatyard is great. Not sure whether it runs on Sundays, but I would be surprised if it did not.

Many nicer beaches in Barbados compared to a tourist trap like the Boatyard.

Hey there Anthony. How are you guys?

Guess we will have to disagree about the Boatyard. I agree that there are any number of great beaches in Barbados, but most of them are not as close to the piers as the Boatyard and we thought the beach and the water were both excellent. Have seen many tourist traps in many ports but the Boatyard wouldn't make my list of them.:)

Hey there Anthony. How are you guys?

Guess we will have to disagree about the Boatyard. I agree that there are any number of great beaches in Barbados, but most of them are not as close to the piers as the Boatyard and we thought the beach and the water were both excellent. Have seen many tourist traps in many ports but the Boatyard wouldn't make my list of them.:)

Hello Bill. Hope you both are doing well.

We tend to find quiet secluded beaches to relax and spend some quiet time away from the crowds. This is the case on all the islands we visit. So compared to what we are use to the Boatyard fits our definition of a tourist trap with crowds and screaming children. I'd bet more than half of the passengers and the majority of the ships crew go there. Not my idea of a relaxing beach day. :)

Archived