SOUTH AMERICA Last minute booking

downundermatt

Wow - I sure wouldn't wait to book a SA cruise. Even if you don't plan to go to Brazil, getting a good price on airfare is tricky. I booked my cruise about a year in advance and since then, the ship is filled and the price went up to almost 3 times the amount that I paid. I was just so glad I booked when I did.

• 2 weeks later...

You may look at repositioning cruises. typically they are priced a bit cheaper than the standard cruises. It would not put you back to back returning to Argentina but perhaps ending your travels back in the states may help you on the cost of flights.

In regards to the side of the ship, I am sure everyone is aware that's exactly how the word POSH came about.

www.onboardtrivia.com

Any international cruise is going to run you more than something nearby, like the Caribbean or Mexico. Not only are airfares much higher, but the tours seems to be higher as well. The reciprocity fee may be the least of your extra expenses. If you are lucky enough to find something still available going around the horn, go for it... be it from east to west, or west to east. Next year, there will be less ships doing this route... so if anything, prices will go up.

Archived