Food on the Glory

chrishyee

• 3 weeks later...

Go to http://cruiseclues.com/menus.htm and search out the Glory. Someone listed the 7-day menu for dinner/dessert and the first is the breakfast. Unknown if they change it around or how old, but I guess it will give you an idea.

My Brother was on the ship in November and loved the goat cheese pizza and the grilled rueben he had 7 lobster tail and 2 prime rib at one of the meals. He said he paid for such gluttony later that night :)

We cruised on the Glory when it was new and thought all the food was great. We had 1st seating in the Gold Dining room and the food was undescribably wonderful. I am a whole food eater as are my kids, who at that time were 11 and 16. They loved and tried all the different unknown foods. Eating in the Red Sail Dining was great, Although we seemed to eat more salad there than much other. Burgers were yummy, Sandwiches were also. Pizza we enjoyed and watch out for the ice cream cones...hard to have just one!:D

We all be Cruisin

Glory-July '02

Pride-March '05!

• 4 weeks later...

My few cruises has taught me that most of the time you get reasonable food that I would think of as good buffet food at a local ayce buffet place when comparing to the lido. The dining room is more of a banquet quality since they have to fix ahead of time most of the meals each day and hold it in hot cabinets. Any way you look at it , it's better than being at work.

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

We cruised the Glory in March 2005 -- LOVED IT

My BF had the goat cheese pizza almost every day. It was so yummy! A couple of the pizza choices (like the goat cheese) were "cooked to order" so there was a wait time of up to 8 minutes - but worth it! There was a great fish 'n' chips place upstairs from the regular buffet - fried fish, soup etc - loved it!

One day they had chocolate "sushi" at the buffet. It was regular sushi rice, only sweeter, but instead of seafood and other regular stuff inside, a piece of watermelon replaced the salmon, etc. Instead of the seaweed wrap, there was a thin layer of dark chocolate. But it all LOOKED like sushi on the plate. A GREAT treat!

My BF and brother in law liked the grill -- hamburgers, etc, cooked to order.

Didn't try the supper club, so can't comment on that.

I'm dieting, and was pretty much able to stick to very "healthy" foods during the day, lots of fruit, vegetables, salads & had a deli sandwich on rye most days - then pretty much what I wanted at dinner - but no seconds & limited desserts. Our table was right by the kitchen, so we got our food FAST. (Then again, when we were on the Legend - we were on the other end of the dining room from the kitchen, & the 3 tables our waitstaff had were always served faster than the surrounding tables! We would be on our way to the show, & other people would just be starting their entrees. I guess it depends on how quick your waitstaff is! )

We did room service for breakfast on excursion days, & once for a mid-afternoon snack. Be warned - servings for room service are delicious, but SMALL - citrus wedges are just 5 wedges TOTAL of grapefruit & orange. Be sure to remember to check off butter or cream cheese for your toast or bagel, & milk for your cereal - it's NOT automatic. Also the sandwiches for room service were small, but delicious. If you are very hungry, consider ordering 2 of whatever from room service.

If you have any special requests or needs for dinner, let your waiter know 1st night & they'll be glad to help you choose your dinner.

Oh -- and I grabbed a couple of pieces of fruit to keep in the cabin, so If I was hungry before bed, or wanted a bite first thing in the morning, I had something handy.

Enjoy the Glory!

• 2 months later...

OK this is all by memory. I think you can find menus on cruiseclues.com. But I'll try to help.

Fish and Chips are made to order. About a 3 minute wait. Order double as the portion is small. They also had awesome fried oysters (Rember those Sharonella?) There is a boulubaise (sp) and Cerviche which is marinated squid and chopped vegatables. It is very good.

To get to Fish and Chips go up the double staircase from the Lido buffet. There is a sailboat between the staircases. It was never crowded up there so I ate there a lot. This is also a good place to take photos of the Gala midnight buffet.

Enjoy the Glory...we did

Even on my diet I couldn't pass up tasting the offerings at the fish & chips place. :rolleyes: The small portion was fine for me! Actually, for a snack the small portion is fine, or if you are going to have a bit of everything they offer at the same time. If you're going to have the fish & chips as a meal, it is small!

The hours are "limited" (not 24 hours), but they are posted in the Carnival Capers.

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed on the Glory last month and from my experiences with the food these are some of my suggestions:

1. Eat in in the dining room every chance u get. While the buffet food is decent it is not equal to the quality of food that u get in the dining room. We ate dinner in the Platinum 6/7 nights and made it a point to try and get our breakfast and lunch there as well.

2. Don't miss the lunches in the dining room. They have great choices and you can even order from the pizza or Fish n' Chips menu and have it brought to u.

3. The pizza was our favorite midnight snack...this probably explains why my scale was a lil "off" when I weighed myslef at home lol

4. Make an appointment at the specialty restaurant. we didn't and I regret it now. I've heard a lot of great things about it and i think it would definitely be worth the extra $50 per couple.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

hey how are you all !!! good to see you around ! i did not get the fish and chips menu however cruiseclues has the best list of menus and also try the emerald room dining as it is a event in culinary delight ! i loved the lox and bagles in the morning dining room and eat lunch have the afternoon tea as they serve little tiny sandwiches and little scones and cakes.

Archived