Dress Code on Thomson Spirit

He will be fine with a dark suit for formal night as there is a mix of dinner jackets and suits for those attending the captains formal night. For those who prefer more informal the Lido buffet is available and there is no problem with having to wear suits etc in the bars afterward. For other nights a tie is not required as the code is smart casual. Trousers or slacks with a button down shirt is what I wear.

Hi

We are considering a cruise on The Spirit for Easter - mine is the opposite question ! Dress code for ladies !!! Have just recently found 2 lovely evening dresses in a sale as we are hoping to do a P&O cruise for hubby's big birthday next year. Would anything like this be too OTT for The Spirit for the Capt's evening etc or would they be ok. We'd normally do smart casuals and don't usually like formal dinner wear, but are quite happy to 'go with the flow' if need be!

Thanks for any help

:)

Not been on Spirit, but I wore full-length shimmery evening dresses on Destiny and didn't feel at all over-dressed. Have worn the same dresses on P&O Arcadia and Artemis and will do on Ventura at Christmas. Will also be wearing two of them on Celebration next June!

Carol x

Hi

We are considering a cruise on The Spirit for Easter - mine is the opposite question ! Dress code for ladies !!! Have just recently found 2 lovely evening dresses in a sale as we are hoping to do a P&O cruise for hubby's big birthday next year. Would anything like this be too OTT for The Spirit for the Capt's evening etc or would they be ok. We'd normally do smart casuals and don't usually like formal dinner wear, but are quite happy to 'go with the flow' if need be!

Thanks for any help

:)

Yes - go for it!! You will find lots of other passengers also wearing evening dresses - I always take a full length, quite glitzy dress and don't feel in the least over-dressed. The majority of men wear DJs, others suits and their partners are dressed in a complementary manner.

Archived