New Year's on the Ruby

lyntony

I wonder if they will do anything special for New Years?

Our friends just booked on the Ruby to leave Jan 9th (the same day we arrive back to Florida). They paid way less than what we paid for our cruise. Their total for the 2 of them was around $1,900.00 CDN.

Lyntony

I wonder if they will do anything special for New Years?

Our friends just booked on the Ruby to leave Jan 9th (the same day we arrive back to Florida). They paid way less than what we paid for our cruise. Their total for the 2 of them was around $1,900.00 CDN.

Lyntony

Yes, New Year's is a big deal onboard the ship! There will be multiple parties throughout the ship with a balloon drop (and snow!) at midnight in the Atrium/Piazza. They'll hand out hats and party favors and the atmosphere all night will be quite festive. Remember, New Year's is an event that is shared among most all cultures and religions (even the ones with different calendars have no problem partying it up on New Year's).

Here's a link to a quick video that I took onboard Dawn Princess a couple of years ago at midnight... it was the best New Year's party I'd ever been to and I can't wait to schedule another New Year's cruise.

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

Thanks - it does look like fun on the video.

I guess I have to remember also that the Dec 30th cruise takes place on a school break, so it would be more popular to some people, and,therefore, more expensive.

Lyntony

Thanks - it does look like fun on the video.

I guess I have to remember also that the Dec 30th cruise takes place on a school break, so it would be more popular to some people, and,therefore, more expensive.

Lyntony

Holiday cruises usually command a higher price...

Yes, New Year's is a big deal onboard the ship! There will be multiple parties throughout the ship with a balloon drop (and snow!) at midnight in the Atrium/Piazza. They'll hand out hats and party favors and the atmosphere all night will be quite festive.

One of the other parties will be on the open deck under the MUTS screen which will have a countdown to midnight on it.

But if you went later you wouldn't get to know all of us who are going to be celebrating with you. Hope you have signed up on the roll call and will be joining the meet and greet. Love meeting fellow Canadians!

Archived