Miracle Cruise Director

Socref124

Back in May it was Malcom...

We just got off Miracle on 11/12 and Malcolm was the CD. I liked him. I thought he was pretty funny and his informational talks which can be really boring were relatively entertaining. I didn't care for Josh when we were on Miracle in July 2008. I think you'll like Malcolm.

We just got off Miracle on 11/12 and Malcolm was the CD. I liked him. I thought he was pretty funny and his informational talks which can be really boring were relatively entertaining. I didn't care for Josh when we were on Miracle in July 2008. I think you'll like Malcolm.

Malcolm must have left with you guys. Josh was our CD starting 11/12 but I think he was just a fill-in.

I did not hear Josh at all during the debarkation announcements, so I assume he jumped ship as soon as the gangway went down. Buttercup did all the debarkation announcements. He also came to our meet and greet and kept us conversing for a while.

Most everyone here loves Malcolm. I have sailed with him twice when he was on the Victory and he's my least favorite CD. Maybe on a longer cruise he's better since these were 2 night CTNs. My one interaction with him was when i passed him having a drink late one night at the Lido bar and said hello as I passed by like I do with anyone - he actually rolled his eyes at me and turned away. I'm not begrudging the guy his downtime - but thought he just came off as rude.

My one interaction with him was when i passed him having a drink late one night at the Lido bar and said hello as I passed by like I do with anyone - he actually rolled his eyes at me and turned away. I'm not begrudging the guy his downtime - but thought he just came off as rude.

That was rude! A CD is entitled to downtime, but NOT on the Lido. Anytime he is in a public space, he is on duty. I'd like to think he had something in his eye and was not being rude, but if he was, I'd have written a comment on that!

Not a fan of his either.. he was the CD on our first Carnival Cruise on the Victory and he was so annoying..

In May he was very quiet and laid back.. Much better.. and no woohoos'' thank god!

Josh was my favorite!

We were on Miracle in August, Josh aka Big Sexy was the CD. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the Miracle CD & staff about a 7. They was ok, but overall was just something missing, you didn't see the staff on deck something we saw on our other cruises.

It's funny how everyone sees things differently, isn't it? For me, before July 2008 I had only cruised once before, on Sun Princess in 1999. On that ship the CD and his staff were everywhere all the time. We saw them at the pool area organizing activities, in the lobby, in the shops, everytime you turned around one of them was there and they were all really nice, funny, helpful. I actually had a running joke with one of them because I kept getting lost on the ship. It just seemed that everytime I got off on a deck I'd turn the wrong way no matter where I intended to be and this one ACD just always seemed to be there, laughing and helping me along. I know it was just a coincidence but it turned into a really funny running joke the whole cruise even when I ran into him when I wasn't lost.

In July 2008 on Miracle, Josh (Big Sexy) was the CD and we never saw him. Not once other than the Welcome aboard show and the info shows he had to give. We never saw any of the ACD's either. They were never the ones setting up the activities around the pool or in the lobby. I found it really odd but being a very inexperienced cruiser I thought maybe I was just expecting too much.

Last month, also on Miracle, Malcolm and Buttercup and the other ACD's were very accessable and, althougth I didn't see Malcolm wandering around much, I did see all the other ACD's interacting with the passengers and spreading good will. When I did see Malcolm he was outgoing and friendly and just generally UP all the time.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that maybe Josh just is a different type of personality who just isn't effervesent (sp?) all the time. Even his early morning TV show was a downer, like he was forced out of bed to do it. I'm sure he probably was but, then, so was Malcolm and he managed to make me want to get up and get going with the fun. Josh just didn't seem, interesting or maybe I should say he didn't seem interested!

Could be I just caught him on a bad week. We all have those, after all, eh? Ok...I'm talking too much. Happy Turkeyday!!!

• 6 months later...

We were on the Miracle 4/2010 and were supposed to have Big Sexy as CD.

We had him when he first started as ACD and he was reserved but once he got his footing he was a lot of fun, but Malcolm was there instead. I thought he was great and when I met him I asked about Big Sexy. He instantly got angry and said in a very loud tone that Big Sexy was not yet a full CD, had to do over 360 something days to be one, etc.

I was embarassed and avoided him, as he did me for the rest of the cruise.

I guess he has a very job security mind set I was merely asking a question. He could have laughed and explained it if he felt it necessary.

I guess he has his up and down moments but for someone who keeps saying don't get an attitude or be "pissy" he sure can be both.

Malcom was the cruise director on the 5/15 sailing of the Miracle and his assistant was Sparkles. They came to our Meet and Mingle and played Carnival Trivia with us for Champagne. Here are some pictures

2134719610048107033PTrAUx_th.jpg

2968775210048107033Psqwyz_th.jpg

It's funny how everyone sees things differently, isn't it? For me, before July 2008 I had only cruised once before, on Sun Princess in 1999. On that ship the CD and his staff were everywhere all the time. We saw them at the pool area organizing activities, in the lobby, in the shops, everytime you turned around one of them was there and they were all really nice, funny, helpful. I actually had a running joke with one of them because I kept getting lost on the ship. It just seemed that everytime I got off on a deck I'd turn the wrong way no matter where I intended to be and this one ACD just always seemed to be there, laughing and helping me along. I know it was just a coincidence but it turned into a really funny running joke the whole cruise even when I ran into him when I wasn't lost.

In July 2008 on Miracle, Josh (Big Sexy) was the CD and we never saw him. Not once other than the Welcome aboard show and the info shows he had to give. We never saw any of the ACD's either. They were never the ones setting up the activities around the pool or in the lobby. I found it really odd but being a very inexperienced cruiser I thought maybe I was just expecting too much.

Last month, also on Miracle, Malcolm and Buttercup and the other ACD's were very accessable and, althougth I didn't see Malcolm wandering around much, I did see all the other ACD's interacting with the passengers and spreading good will. When I did see Malcolm he was outgoing and friendly and just generally UP all the time.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that maybe Josh just is a different type of personality who just isn't effervesent (sp?) all the time. Even his early morning TV show was a downer, like he was forced out of bed to do it. I'm sure he probably was but, then, so was Malcolm and he managed to make me want to get up and get going with the fun. Josh just didn't seem, interesting or maybe I should say he didn't seem interested!

Could be I just caught him on a bad week. We all have those, after all, eh? Ok...I'm talking too much. Happy Turkeyday!!!

That is the only thing that I can think of. Because he is the person who helped make our cruise SO MUCH FUN the last time we cruised and we are SO EXCITED this time because he will be opening up the new comedy club on the Pride so we will get to see him this time again. Sorry that you caught him on a bad week because we think that he is the greatest and if I could I would plan my cruises trying to make sure that he would be there as well.

I have sailed with Malcom twice, the first time is was an ACD a number of years ago. More recently I cruised with him as a director. He is from the Bronx (NYC) so I guess that stood out for me.

I spoke to him to be sure it was him who I sailed with before, he was pretty down to earth and easy to talk to.

I did mention a CD who I really loved from one of my cruises years ago, he didn't seem to care for him and said he was long gone.

WooHoo! I've sailed with Malcolm twice and loved him. He would stop and talk to us or anyone whenever we saw him. Thought he was funny too. He's been my favorite so far, although we loved Wee Jimmy on the Legend a few weeks ago too! We didn't care too much for Josh, though. I guese we all have different personalities that we like. On my next cruise we have John Heald, so we're looking forward to him.

Archived