Pls help with short Bangkok tour/airport

Aussie TJE

My partner and I are cruising on the Diamond Princess (Sydney - Bangkok) in February. We dock in Laem Chabang in the morning, but our flight isn't until 5.15 pm. I wish we had decided to stay overnight now, but our flight's been booked and paid for!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do in this time??? Would we have time for a quick tour of something before going to the airport with same driver?

What do you suggest we see, and who do you recommend we use???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Not much that you can do in that time. The airport is between Bangkok and Laemchabang, There is Pattaya which is about 25 minutes away where there is an elephent show but unfortunately no that early in the day. There is a tiger zoo around Sriracha and a crocodile farm. You could get into Bangkok and take a tour of the Klongs and the Palace and then get to the airport from there but you will have all your luggage with you and about 4 hours at most.Don't know what to suggest, might be able to offer a plan if I know what your interest is.

:DWe got off the Diamond Princess on Nov 22 and were met by Mr P. Phanlert, tourguide. He goes by the name "Oat" and is utterly charming, smart, informed and reasonably priced for everything Thailand. He lives in Bangkok.

Oat can be reached by email at: oat747@yahoo.com or via telephone at (+66) 0896613039.

The transfer to Bangkok and four hour city tour that day for three couples was about $25 (US) per person.

If you have questions Oat has good answers.

Archived