Tell me how to get to Sapphire Beach via the Dollar Bus--or maybe it's the $2 bus n

moondoggie

I have taken the open air dollar rides from Havensight to Red Hook, but am on HAL next week and want to go from wherever they dock to Sapphire Beach. Can someone kindly tell me where to catch one and what direction I want to head? Thanks so much!

...no, I have not been there before, so perhaps we should consider somewhere else. Do you have a recommendation? Magens Bay is out because of no fish, and Coki has been getting very mixed reviews on the boards--plus they say the fish are only one or two varieties. We are doing Ultimate Snorkeling in Grand Turk, so I wanted something more casual on STT. Thank you all so much!

...no, I have not been there before, so perhaps we should consider somewhere else. Do you have a recommendation? Magens Bay is out because of no fish, and Coki has been getting very mixed reviews on the boards--plus they say the fish are only one or two varieties. We are doing Ultimate Snorkeling in Grand Turk, so I wanted something more casual on STT. Thank you all so much!

I highly recommend heading to Sapphire. It is a beautiful beach, less crowded than some of the other more "touristy" beaches and has great snorkeling(we bring our own gear) with breathtaking scenery. We always take a taxi straight from the pier with drop-off right at the front door of the resort. You just walk through to the beach. For the return trip,you again walk to the entrance of the resort and there is a taxi stand right there. They have chair rentals and someone comes around for drink/food orders. We simply can't wait for our February visit to Sapphire.

I highly recommend heading to Sapphire. It is a beautiful beach, less crowded than some of the other more "touristy" beaches and has great snorkeling(we bring our own gear) with breathtaking scenery. We always take a taxi straight from the pier with drop-off right at the front door of the resort. You just walk through to the beach. For the return trip,you again walk to the entrance of the resort and there is a taxi stand right there. They have chair rentals and someone comes around for drink/food orders. We simply can't wait for our February visit to Sapphire.

Have you gone by public bus from Crown Bay to Sapphire? Do you know where on this beach one would find the best snorkeling? If going from Crown Bay by taxi do you know how much the taxi fare is. Is it per person or per vehicle?

Also, is there a snack bar or restaurant and any facilities open?

Thanks

We are leaving on Saturday 12/5, so if someone can answer the question about taxi fares and/or the Dollar Bus (which I love because you can see so much of the beautiful island and the people who live there--much nicer than a taxi ride, and cheaper to boot), I wil post the info on our return--thank you all.

Taxi fare was (last Jan) $8pp each way (from Havensight) - there will be a sign listing all of the beaches and the fares - everything is regulated. Yes, it can be a little pricey for larger parties - I'm sure with a little research you can figure out the bus system. I think the website is something like VITran or VInow??? I'm sure google will be happy to help.

For the best snorkeling (IMO) as you look out to sea,head to the right towards the rocks. There are some shallow spots so just be aware of your surroundings.

Have a great time - hope to see Sapphire again in Feb.

Archived