Oosterdam book readers

scopewest

Just thought I'd point out to anyone who's a bookaholic like myself that the library was open for books/games lending from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you borrowed a book, there was a $25 per item charge added to your shipboard account. When you returned the item, it was immediately removed. We borrowed three books and had no trouble returning them and getting the credit on our account.

For paperback lovers, there's a shelf that's a "take one and leave one" type exchange that had two rows of paperbacks that you could read and swap. I wish I had known about it, it would have been worth the extra weight traveling to the ship to dump a few paperbacks!

And don't forget to bring a booklight to read in bed with. Our room's configuration made it impossible to turn off the cabin lights and read in bed with the bed light provided. Your room may be different but if only I had brought that $1 booklight DH wouldn't have had to sleep under the covers!

If you borrowed a book, there was a $25 per item charge added to your shipboard account. When you returned the item, it was immediately removed. We borrowed three books and had no trouble returning them and getting the credit on our account.

This is new. In the past you signed the check out slip. When you returned the book they tore it up. Only if you did not return the book did they charge your account.

If this is the new procedure, but sure to keep track of those bloody slips.

If you borrowed a book, there was a $25 per item charge added to your shipboard account. When you returned the item, it was immediately removed. We borrowed three books and had no trouble returning them and getting the credit on our account.

This is new. In the past you signed the check out slip. When you returned the book they tore it up. Only if you did not return the book did they charge your account.

If this is the new procedure, be sure to keep track of those bloody slips.

Archived