Navigator of the Seas - pool for babies?

I have been searching through the threads and saw that the Freedom class ships have a separate baby splash zone. Does the Navigator of the Seas have a pool area for babies and toddlers as well? I'm not looking to start a swim diaper debate which incidentally we always use two reusable swim diapers with the tight elastic bands. :-) I just would like to know what kind of swimming gear to pack (whether just stuff for the beach or enough for also the ship).

Nope, unfortunately it's just Freedom-class, Oasis and I believe Enchantment. The general law is that it is illegal to have non-toilet trained children in cruise ship pools. The ships I mentioned have an exemption from this law because of their specially-designed (and separately-filtered/cleaned) facilities.

I have been searching through the threads and saw that the Freedom class ships have a separate baby splash zone. Does the Navigator of the Seas have a pool area for babies and toddlers as well? I'm not looking to start a swim diaper debate which incidentally we always use two reusable swim diapers with the tight elastic bands. :-) I just would like to know what kind of swimming gear to pack (whether just stuff for the beach or enough for also the ship).

No, as you observed, it's the Freedom class ships that have the baby-permitted Splash Zone.

You don't need 2 diapers...it doesn't make a difference, since the water will "flow through" however many diapers you put on baby. Yes, it's nice to keep any "solids" in the diaper, but water flows through it and contaminates the water, whether the feces stay in the diaper or not.

The double diapering is just out of habit from my kids taking baby swim classes, where the pools are HEAVILY chlorinated for the "flow through" reason. The doubling up of the diapers is mostly just to keep solids inside. :D Wouldn't want any floaties that aren't the inflatable kind...

Archived