Ocean View Cabins 6004, 6005, 7006, & 7007

JJPacer

These ocean view rooms are at the front of the ship. What obstructs the view? Can you see anything? Is it possible to give an estimated percent of obstruction? We've never been that far forward. Do you have an opinion on having a cabin that far foward? Thanks for the help!

Jacki

Assuming that Azamara R ships are the same as Oceania ships, the two deck 7 ocean view cabins are at the front of the ship, with no obstruction of view whatsoever except its own windows. They are in fact larger inside, having "taken in" the balconies' spaces into the interior. They are the most desirable among windowed cabins, grab them unless you don't like the very front of the ship. Presumably the same is true on deck 6.

interior. They are the most desirable among grab them unless you don't like the very front of the ship. Presumably the same is true on deck 6.

AND unless you don't like extreme motion when in higher seas. These ships do not take well to swells and high seas. We've been in he VS and had several terrible nights.

It's off to the back for us!

I appreciate your comments. We've never been forward before or to the Mediterranean. We'll have to think about it. The Mediteranean isn't very choppy is it? I am a little concerned about the noise, though. Thanks again. :p

The Med. can be like a bathtub but it can also have very rough seas. We have experienced these in various areas but especially in and out of Barcelona. We had such high seas that the water came over the front of the ship and into the cabin under the balcony doors. The ship rocks and rolls under those circumstances. If you have any problems with sea-sickness the front is not the place for you.:(

Hi!

Here's my investigative report about those cabins

My DH will be on his 2nd cruise on AZ after his 1st cruise was the Star Princess (big ship)

I'm very concerned about his cruising experience..if it doesn't go well..

I will be stuck on land vacations schlepping my luggage up and down train stations steps

and eating jambon y fromage sandwhiches on pigeon pooped church steps.

Last June I sailed on the Pacific Princess once again with my mom

and left our wonderful 7111 to investigate inside/outside cabin options for my cruise with DH

I actually saw the inside of 7006 when I was on the Pacific Princess (it's the same ship)

As stated the cabins are coveted for the larger size and how the window is...

Now, on sea days I stood outside of unoccupied 7003 for quite a bit of time during what I would consider very calm and very rough seas..

.in fact I was told by the Captain

they try to save 7003 etc for port pilots and construction crew because they can handle the movement

I also spoke in detail with our cruisecritic roll call member who was in 7006 and the cabin steward of these cabins

There is ALOT of movement AND vibration/noise throughout the evening and you will be woken up when you drop anchor

or are pulling into port.

Deck 6 cabins..have been known to hear a little noise from the lounge

if you are early sleepers this could pose a problem

(just for the record, I LIKE movement) but I was concerned for my DH

being that far forward for 24 days.

We had actually booked 7003 and when I returned from my cruise

I switched our inside cabin to be more mid ship....

I appreciate your comments. We've never been forward before or to the Mediterranean. We'll have to think about it. The Mediteranean isn't very choppy is it? I am a little concerned about the noise, though. Thanks again. :p

We have taken the most forward cabins twice in the Med on HAL. We never had a problem. Only one time did I go out on the balcony and leave because I was afraid I would blow over. That was either coming or going into Kusadasi, Turkey. It was really windy.

I have no information on "noise" on Azamara, but we are taking a forward cabin next year.

We were in 7005 on the Journey last month. We had been quite concerned about seasickness because my DH is susceptible to it, so we have always had a cabin in the middle of the ship. I am pleased to say that there was no problem. We had one very bad night when we rocked and rolled, but DH was not sick, even though many of our things had fallen to the floor by the next morning. We feel that the R ships handle the seas better than other ships of their size, using the Silversea Silver Whisper as our point of comparison. (Yes, the Silver Whisper has only 384 passengers, but it is actually about the same size as the R ships.)

Regarding noise, we were only bothered by the ship's laying anchor when we reached port. Most of the time it was no problem, as we are early risers, and the ship docked at most ports at 7 or 8. But on the last day of the cruise when the ship reached Athens at 4 in the morning, we were woken by the noise. We didn't consider it a big deal - others might.

We loved being at the front of the ship with unobstructed views and a view of what was going on on both sides, and we would do it again.

if it doesn't go well.. I will be stuck on land vacations schlepping my luggage up and down train stations steps ...
That being the case, take a cabin two-thirds of the way from the front and one-third of the way from the back of the ship, on a low deck. Bring Bonamine (meclazine hydrochloride) and Dramamine (dimenhydrinate). Take them before things get bad (otherwise it is too late). With these, most people handle well enough, even though you may be a bit drowsy. Don't take an ocean crossing for which you have to "tough it out" for a whole week. Most voyages are port intensive, so you get a "reprieve" every day, when you can take a "rest" and do whatever you need to. Good luck!

P.S. If things get bad, lie flat in bed, don't get up. You feel better lying flat. If you can, go to sleep, you won't feel the motion when you are asleep, unless of course, if it is so bad as to throw you off bed, which has not happened to us as yet.

We booked (moved from 7003) to 7043...

I'm not worried about me...I've been sailing for 35 years since I was a small child, several times a year on extended cruises ...it's the DH

I'm bringing sea bands for him, ginger chews and tea...

He's allergic to alot of mainstream medicines ...

so we avoid anything new to the system when we travel..

Out of 24 days, we only have 6 sea days

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Our_2010_Adventure.html

Archived