Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

We still don't have anything definitive on the Magic but I keep hearing Galveston.

One of the cruise directors I spoke to recently said that Galveston would probably be getting 2 additional ships but that's certainly not gospel...

:)

Thanks! I really hope that is the case.

any new info on the second dream class ship? Where it will be home ported? There was a lot of talk a while back about galveston getting a 3rd ship, any word on that? Thanks!

to answer your first question---the dream will have port canaveral. Florida as its home port---we just sailed her for the second time-the first out of rome---awesome ship==from the crew to the food to the accommodations---first class--happy sailing---

to answer your first question---the dream will have port canaveral. Florida as its home port---we just sailed her for the second time-the first out of rome---awesome ship==from the crew to the food to the accommodations---first class--happy sailing---

The OP was asking about the second dream class ship which is the Carnival Magic.

Hi Mach

I'm reading so many negative posts about the Dream, I wonder if we could hav a separate place for all these, which we can ignore if we so wish. These threads take up so much space in the general Carnival forum.

Perhaps cruise pax are becoming more demanding?

Hi Mach

I'm reading so many negative posts about the Dream, I wonder if we could hav a separate place for all these, which we can ignore if we so wish. These threads take up so much space in the general Carnival forum.

I have always thought where there is smoke there is fire. The ship does seem to have some problems but the very smart people at Carnival seem to be addressing them quickly.

One would expect some problems on a new ship but from the posts (and many of them are balanced) seems like more problems than on average.

I wonder if some of the problems regarding layout of the lido deck will be addressed on the sister ships.

Hi Mach

Hi, Tim!

That would require a separate forum and that's WAY above the host level!!

Really, I don't think that we'd see any change even if we had a forum just for the Dream. Folks want to vent and they want to vent to as many people as possible and that's one of the reasons that Cruise Critic is here...

This is how I look at things, if I went by every negative thing that someone wrote about, I would never be leaving my home. When you have an industry like cruising, when you consider how many people have already cruised on the Carnival Dream, you are only hearing a very small percentage of the passenger's that are cruising complaining. If we all listened to them, no one would be cruising. I like finding out for myself, then if I find they are correct, I will not cruise on that ship again.

So people don't listen to what someone else says, remember each person's like's, dislikes, taste's are all different. What you may like, I might not like, so go and find out for yourself.

I also look at the Carnival Dream like it was a new model of a car. When any of the major car dealers bring out a model of car, there are many bugs in it and it take a couple of years to fix, but when it is a ship they have to take care of it while the ship is at sea.

Some very fair points.

We also like to find out for ourselves and step aboard any cruise ship determined to enjoy ourselves whatever happens. We have usually saved up for a long time and anticipated the cruise for an equally long time. We love the Caribbean and also the warm sunshine, we also love meeting new people from all parts of the world, but particularly the Americans and Canadians.

We are particularly looking forward to our next cruise on the Dream, as it's a big new ship and we are going with a cruise critic group, giving us the added advantage of pre-knowing (at least in cyberspace) many people and sharing group meetings / experiences. Are we gonna have a great time? You bet!

I have been coming here for about 3 years and we have taken our last 10 cruises on Carnival and I am a big fan of Carnival and CC.

However I do try to be objective.

In all fairness it does seem that the Dream has more problems than any other new ship that has come out.

Too many negative reviews to just blame it on all of the reviewers.

I do think Carnival is now well aware of the problems and will do its best to correct them on this ship and the new members of this class.

I have been coming here for about 3 years and we have taken our last 10 cruises on Carnival and I am a big fan of Carnival and CC.

However I do try to be objective.

In all fairness it does seem that the Dream has more problems than any other new ship that has come out.

Too many negative reviews to just blame it on all of the reviewers.

I do think Carnival is now well aware of the problems and will do its best to correct them on this ship and the new members of this class.

I still look at it like when they bring a new model out for cars, the first year is ususally the one that has all the problems and then they work the kinks out and any built after that don't seem to have the problems like the first year did. Same with ship, this is a new class of ship and they need to work the kinks out. I will say that when the Magic comes out, they probably will not have the same problems like they have had with the Dream.

Hi Mach,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I was wondering if Cruise Critic could start a thread under Cruise Discussion Topics about tips about packing for a cruise. The board gets so many requests that I thought that if that subject could have it's own thread then we could go there for tips and ideas for things to take with us. Just a thought.

Chacooe

Hi Mach,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I was wondering if Cruise Critic could start a thread under Cruise Discussion Topics about tips about packing for a cruise. The board gets so many requests that I thought that if that subject could have it's own thread then we could go there for tips and ideas for things to take with us. Just a thought.

Chacooe

That's a good idea! I'll pass it along to Laura when she comes back from vacation.

Personally, when I pack it's kinda like toss whatever happens to be there in a suitcase and head to the port!! It wouldn't surprise me if I opened one of my bags and found a box of Cocoa Puffs in there...

:D

...These nearly always start out 'I heard from my third cousin who knows a guy who's sister sailed on the Splendor and SHE said she overheard one of the crew say that Carnival was going to buy the US Navy...'

:rolleyes:

Carnival is buying the U.S. Navy? Does that mean that the USO will all be Carnival Dancers and Singers? Will the destroyers have cruise directors? At least the food will be better! But no way would I want to see my colonel as the Maitre D.

Thanks so much! It's a pleasure to be able to help whenever I can.

The coupons says 'Good for one drink not to exceed $5.25 gratuities included.'

If the cost of the drink is higher than that they may/will ask for your Sail and Sign card to make up the difference. Some drink waiters and bar tenders collect the different, some don't. Expect them to request the difference...

Bottom line, you won't lose anything by using the coupons and you may even save a few bucks...

We always buy the coupons pre cruise and usually get pina coladas, margaretias etc and have never been charged extra. Our BIG problem was the time we tried the photo coupons DO NOT BUY THESE!! They are worth $15.00 each. The first night I used one to buy our embartation photo at about $9.00 I was told there was no change but I could add "extra items" to get up to the $15.00. I did that and bought a nice frame. I had bought a total of 4 $15.00 coupons for the cruise but when I went to buy another photo which was $9.00 I was told the first person the day before was wrong and if I used the coupon for the photo I would be paying $15.00 for a $9.00 photo. The manager said the "extra items" were sold by a different vendor than the photo coupons could not be used except for acutal photos. I had no other photos to purchase and was given 2 option "run up stairs and get your picture taken so you have more than one to buy" or "we will make a copy for you to equal $15.00." Neither option was appealing as it wasn't a good photo and it was the last day of the cruise. In the end I paid $15.00 for a $9.00 photo and swore never to buy the photo coupons again.

Another topic that would be helpful to have it's own thread would be on travel insurance, it seems like the same questions are asked all the time. Just a thought.

That's possible but it would be in an entirely different forum, not the Carnival forum.

That being the case, until folks learn about navigating this HUGE web site I'm sure that insurance posts would still be made here or the RCL forum, etc...

Mach

Question for you.

I have come accross a website that offers a service that allows various travel agents to compete for your business.

I am thinking that under the agreement here I cannot ask whether this particular operation is legitimate.

Is this correct?

Golfadj

Mach

Question for you.

I have come accross a website that offers a service that allows various travel agents to compete for your business.

I am thinking that under the agreement here I cannot ask whether this particular operation is legitimate.

Is this correct?

Golfadj

Yep, you're right.

If you look near the top of this page or really any page of posts you'll see ads inserted. Those folks pay good money and are the primary source of support for this web site and believe me it costs a bunch to support!

If we allowed folks to post links or discuss this TA or that it amounts to free advertising and wouldn't be fair to the folks who pay to advertise here...

That's possible but it would be in an entirely different forum, not the Carnival forum.

That being the case, until folks learn about navigating this HUGE web site I'm sure that insurance posts would still be made here or the RCL forum, etc...

I did not mean to put the thread under Carnival, but I was thinking maybe under Cruise Discussion Topics. I know if I have a question I look their first to see if my topic of interest is there, if it isn't then I ask here. Sorry that I did not make my intentions clear of the previous post.

I did not mean to put the thread under Carnival, but I was thinking maybe under Cruise Discussion Topics. I know if I have a question I look their first to see if my topic of interest is there, if it isn't then I ask here. Sorry that I did not make my intentions clear of the previous post.

You may be the only person that does check there.

So many folks don't understand the navigation of this site that many, many posts end up in unusual places. One of our biggest jobs is moving posts. When a post is relocated a redirect is left but so often the OP doesn't return to the forum in time and the redirect wanders off to page 2... 3... or 191...

You're exactly right... generic questions DO belong under Cruise Discussion Topics but almost never end up there...

Worse are those posters that leave them on for EACH AND EVERY RESPONSE! And the siggie is longer than the actual post!

I know this is a relatively dated post, but I'm just seeing it. Since I'm not very computer savvy, was just wondering why having a long "siggie" is problematic.

I know this is a relatively dated post, but I'm just seeing it. Since I'm not very computer savvy, was just wondering why having a long "siggie" is problematic.

I think he is talking about a few that take up almost a full page, like there are some that lists everywhere they have been in their lifetime, instead of just listing their cruises for maybe the last 10 years. I know that I took off many of mine and am only going to leave my current trips (except the one on the dutch freighter, that was once in a lifetime cruse for any kid)

Archived