Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

I am going on my first Carnival cruise in April. My last two cruises were on Royal Caribbean and Norweign. My friend made me go to this game called Quest for adult only. It was the most outrageous, craziest, funniest, exciting game I have ever played on a cruise ship. The first game was on RC and I was so excited to see it being played on NCL. It was in a lot smaller venue on NCL, but still as crazy. Does Carnival have the quest game? My ships I am going on are Liberty, Splendor and Spirit.

Do these ships have the chocolate buffet?

No, I have never seen this on a Carnival ship, and I have been on many! I have seen it on an RC ship, and you're right - it's quite crazy. Anyone who says Carnival is too wild and thinks RC is much tamer has never seen this game!!

Yes, the chocolate buffet is the last day at sea - during lunch. Enjoy!

Hi Mach,

I don't know if you read the question about John asking his bloggers on the last cruise about a West Coast cruise. What I would like to know is if John asked the group during his last bloggers cruise about doing a West Coast cruise. The reason that I ask this is by this reply to one of the messages in his blog.

"I am not sure still where the next Bloggers Cruise will be and when and nothing has been finalized. I did think about a West Coast ship but it seems that the vast majority of bloggers did not think this was a good idea. I am still trying to decide what to do to try and appease everyone."

I can understand that his faithful from the East Coast would not want to fly out to the West Coast, but why is the West Coast bloggers have to always have that expense.

So what I would like to know is did he discuss it during the bloggers cruise.

I am going on my first Carnival cruise in April. My last two cruises were on Royal Caribbean and Norweign. My friend made me go to this game called Quest for adult only. It was the most outrageous, craziest, funniest, exciting game I have ever played on a cruise ship. The first game was on RC and I was so excited to see it being played on NCL. It was in a lot smaller venue on NCL, but still as crazy. Does Carnival have the quest game? My ships I am going on are Liberty, Splendor and Spirit.

Do these ships have the chocolate buffet?

We just saw it on Carnival this past month.

If you would, could y'all please email me those questions so I can get an answer a bit quicker, at least quick enough to prevent a firestorm developing over something like 'Why won't Carnival let me bring my pet raccoon on board with me?'

Y'all get the drift.

Please, don't ask the questions here... email me. My address is near the top of my signature... I'll add the questions and answers here.

:)

Mach

On 12/24/2009 I did as you asked. I had a question regarding tipping camp carnival. After searching and reading serveral posts I could not find the answer, so instead of starting a new post, I emailed you, from esnbur@******. If you did not know the answer, then a response saying so would be nice, and a possible reference to whom the question can be sent. Or if you think a new thread should be posted, let me know.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter, and for all the advice you do give on the boards.

On 12/24/2009 I did as you asked. I had a question regarding tipping camp carnival. After searching and reading serveral posts I could not find the answer, so instead of starting a new post, I emailed you, from esnbur@******. If you did not know the answer, then a response saying so would be nice, and a possible reference to whom the question can be sent. Or if you think a new thread should be posted, let me know.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter, and for all the advice you do give on the boards.

I believe that I answered you on this tread or at least I remember saying that I've not heard of anyone tipping the folks at Camp Carnival. I'm sure it's happened in the past, however.

I'd suggest that if there's someone that has gone above and beyond that you either hand the tip to that person directly or get an envelope from the Purser, address it to the individual and drop it off at the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations...)

Please respond to this post if you need additional information.

I believe that I answered you on this tread or at least I remember saying that I've not heard of anyone tipping the folks at Camp Carnival. I'm sure it's happened in the past, however.

I'd suggest that if there's someone that has gone above and beyond that you either hand the tip to that person directly or get an envelope from the Purser, address it to the individual and drop it off at the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations...)

Please respond to this post if you need additional information.

Went through the thread twice before posting. If an answer was posted, I missed it. Please post the "post #", So I may humble myself

Thank you for the answer.

So should people email you with their questions, or just post them on this thread? I do hate bothering Mr. Heald with certain things, I do not think they are stupid, and they are not asking for special things, just things I have noted on a cruise that I feel need adjustments or improvements.

Went through the thread twice before posting. If an answer was posted, I missed it. Please post the "post #", So I may humble myself

Thank you for the answer.

So should people email you with their questions, or just post them on this thread? I do hate bothering Mr. Heald with certain things, I do not think they are stupid, and they are not asking for special things, just things I have noted on a cruise that I feel need adjustments or improvements.

John does not mind answering questions at all. The only problem is that he's often three weeks behind in answering the 'John, Please respond' posts.

It was for that reason that I started this thread. Those truly odd questions that often morph into almost urban legends can be answered far more quickly if I see them here and ask the folks at Carnival directly.

Trust me, John would be happy to answer any inquiries you might have. It just might take some time.

I did find your email after a search. If I didn't respond on this thread I apologize but I still recall typing a response.

Bottom line, tip the person that provided the service. They don't have method of distributing tips at Camp Carnival so it would be best if you handed the tip directly to the staff member.

On another thread I read that priority tendering wasn't offered for platinum guests any longer. Is this true? If not how do I go about using this as we are platinum on our upcoming sailing.

Thanks!

Cruise Critic is an amazingly large web site. Typically, we get 14 to 16,000 posts a day. Half of those posts are here on the Carnival forum so it's not surprising that neither I nor anyone else can read all of the posts.

Having said that, no, I have not read that Platinum guests no longer have priority tendering. In fact, I'm very glad that you brought this to my attention. I'll be glad to ask in the morning and report back.

I'm wondering if we ever heard what's going on with the web cam on Dream? It hasn't been updated since 12/12 and I miss it!

Thanks.

Good question... I asked Stephanie but she never got back to me. I'll try someone else...

Hi Mach,

I don't know if you read the question about John asking his bloggers on the last cruise about a West Coast cruise. What I would like to know is if John asked the group during his last bloggers cruise about doing a West Coast cruise. The reason that I ask this is by this reply to one of the messages in his blog.

"I am not sure still where the next Bloggers Cruise will be and when and nothing has been finalized. I did think about a West Coast ship but it seems that the vast majority of bloggers did not think this was a good idea. I am still trying to decide what to do to try and appease everyone."

I can understand that his faithful from the East Coast would not want to fly out to the West Coast, but why is the West Coast bloggers have to always have that expense.

So what I would like to know is did he discuss it during the bloggers cruise.

I'll be glad to ask but I can tell you what we discussed on the Blogger's in February from NOLA.

The limited number of ports and itineraries made West Coast sailings less appealing than those from Florida or the Gulf Coast. Please notice that the one Bloggers scheduled from New York was canceled because there were only 30 people that signed up for it so it's not just the West Coast.

We had a number of folks from the West Coast on the Bloggers from NOLA, not a ton but they were there.

I mentioned somewhere... this thread or elsewhere... that John had talked about the possibility of a Bloggers to Alaska. I don't think that there were more than an handful of folks who expressed any interest at all.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised that the Bloggers for 2010 isn't going to be on a Splendor Class ship. Not that I'm disappointed, just surprised...

On another thread I read that priority tendering wasn't offered for platinum guests any longer. Is this true? If not how do I go about using this as we are platinum on our upcoming sailing.

Thanks!

Please disregard ANY rumors about changes to perks for Platinum guests.

I just talked to John Heald about this and his response was a resounding NO... no changes have been made. You'll still be afforded priority tendering.

Hope this helps!!

Mach

I just talked to John Heald about this and his response was a resounding NO... no changes have been made. You'll still be afforded priority tendering.

Hope this helps!!

Mach

I'm glad to hear that. It is the ONLY perk that matters to me.

Hope this helps!!

Mach

Thanks for checking on that Mach. Our next cruise we go plat.!!

Hope this helps!!

Mach

Mach - wow thanks for such a quick response. How do I make use of this? Do I go to guest service?

Mach - wow thanks for such a quick response. How do I make use of this? Do I go to guest service?

Most of your perks are simply available. For tendering, all you need do is produce your Platinum Sail and Sign card and you'll be given priority.

Priority Tendering is great, but you know that picture frame is to die for!! :D:D

Personally I like the free laundry. We now take half the clothes we used to.

Also the free admission to the blackjack tournament is great too.

Than again separate line at guest services not too shabby either.

Would love to see a special luncheon with ship officers during the cruise. John keeps talking about something like this but nothing seems to happen.

It was suggested I bring this question here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22476324#post22476324

Anybody know the answer?

I find that kinda odd as I know several folks who have added additional guests to their cabin making it three or four in the stateroom, and all have benefited from the past guest status.

I'll be happy to ask the folks at Carnival and post the answer here.

Just a friendly reminder. :)

Personally I like the free laundry. We now take half the clothes we used to.

Also the free admission to the blackjack tournament is great too.

Than again separate line at guest services not too shabby either.

Would love to see a special luncheon with ship officers during the cruise. John keeps talking about something like this but nothing seems to happen.

Although John is a very visible front end for Carnival he doesn't have a ton of say in operational matters.

A few years ago he started a push for fresh water pools... they couldn't make that happen.

He's championed additional perks for all the levels of past guests but that has YET to happen... it's in the works, however...

All of the loyalty items go through a gent that was hired in the early part of last year to do just that... improve loyalty. His name is Jim Berra. He's a little ball of energy and has a bunch to deal with but I'm sure we'll all be happier for it in the end!

Archived