Parking at pier in Ft Lauderdale

emptynest1

We live close by and we use the "Park and Fly" (they also have a cruise section). You can make reservations (discounts ove the internet); they have AAA, AARP and Coupon Discounts and the price is much less (1/3- 1/2 the price) than in the port. Also has great pick-up to/from service also...

We use them for the airport and our cruises all of the time... They are just outside of the port. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the ship.

Neil

Count me in as having a concern over the parking situation. My worry is what it will be like when both the Oasis and the Equinox are using port 18 on different days. Hopefully we will get some info on that. Meanwhile I'll file the "Park and Fly" info in my memory bank.

We use ParkNFly; and, we are pleased. For cruises it is $12.00, per day; and, my wife does something which saves us a day or two. We will park there on Friday; and, I believe that we will receive two free days. Also, you can leave your defensive weapon in your vehicle.

Thanks for the tip... Park N Fly sounds interesting. I'd love to save the money. But I do like to take good care of my car (some discount lots seem to just cram them in).

Do they have covered parking garage, or is your car in the sun?

Do you get to park your own car? Keep your keys?

Hows the security of the lot?

Security is good and they do have somewhat covered parking - just a canopy. You park it yourself and a shuttle is right there to pick you up - it follows you to your space as soon as you pull in. You keep your keys.

I always book online and have a pre-printed receipt. Airport rates are lesss than cruise rates. I guess due to demand on arrival. HOWEVER - spaces are MUCH tighter than the port parking lot. I still always use it for airline travel. Port parking is only $3 a day more and I find it more convienient when cruising. The shuttle can be a wait, plus the tips for bags evens out the savings.

Count me in as having a concern over the parking situation. My worry is what it will be like when both the Oasis and the Equinox are using port 18 on different days. Hopefully we will get some info on that. Meanwhile I'll file the "Park and Fly" info in my memory bank.

Don't forget Solstice will also be thrown into this mix. I'm concerned about the parking too. I know they increased it, I just hope they got it right. Park and Fly sounds nice, but I just hate to wait for a shuttle and have to double transfer all the luggage. We always drive to the ports just so we don't have to worry about what we take and how much. Having your own car right there makes things so easy.

Archived