Do I need to bring milk?

mnm847

Hello!

I am going on a cruise with my 1 year old. He's drinking regular cow's milk but I'm wondering if I need to buy milk and bring it on the cruise? We'll be cruising on the Norwegian Pearl.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I am going on a cruise with my 1 year old. He's drinking regular cow's milk but I'm wondering if I need to buy milk and bring it on the cruise? We'll be cruising on the Norwegian Pearl.

Thanks in advance!

No..milk will be available throughout the day (and night)...

Dont mean to hijack but do they have other types of milk too? (aside from cow's milk)

My son is allergic to dairy, and wont drink soy milk (I dont blame him!), he drinks almond or hemp milk at home.

They'd have soy milk, (and cow's milk in a variety of forms...2%, whole milk, skimmed milk)..but not almond or hemp(?) milk. That you'd have to bring. If you need to keep it refrigerated, you could either get a doctor's prescription for it (and keep it in the infirmary), or bring a soft-sided cooler and keep the cooler filled with ice (the steward will do that..you'd probably want to tip extra).

They'd have soy milk, (and cow's milk in a variety of forms...2%, whole milk, skimmed milk)..but not almond or hemp(?) milk. That you'd have to bring. If you need to keep it refrigerated, you could either get a doctor's prescription for it (and keep it in the infirmary), or bring a soft-sided cooler and keep the cooler filled with ice (the steward will do that..you'd probably want to tip extra).

thanks - I think I'm going to have his allergist test some soy milk and see if it will be ok for him, if it is I'll try and convince him to drink it!

If not though, I guess it isnt s big deal, he is happy to drink water most of the time anyway, I could bring some almond milk just in case b/c it doesnt have to be cold unless its opened.

Suggest you contact the cruise line's Special Needs Dept.

They may be able to purchase the special milk for you and

have it available when you board. There probably would

be a charge - but it would be easier than having to pack it.

They could also arrange for it to be made available to

you in the dining room.

Suggest you contact the cruise line's Special Needs Dept.

They may be able to purchase the special milk for you and

have it available when you board. There probably would

be a charge - but it would be easier than having to pack it.

They could also arrange for it to be made available to

you in the dining room.

Thanks - I've contacted them regarding his other allergies/food restrictions, and they told me that I dont need to do anything in advance, just when we get on board.

Milk for him to drink is not all that big of a deal b/c he is happy w/water, as long as there are some foods he can eat, he will be fine! (at restuarants I order him plain brocoli and he will live off that if he has to!)

Just our experience. When we sailed Carnival, our daughter had just started milk. She had started on whole milk. I was horrified to find out they didn't have whole milk -- and that's what she was drinking. We made do with 2% milk but it wasn't what I wanted...

Just our experience. When we sailed Carnival, our daughter had just started milk. She had started on whole milk. I was horrified to find out they didn't have whole milk -- and that's what she was drinking. We made do with 2% milk but it wasn't what I wanted...

I am really surprised to see this! When we last sailed on Carnival (admittedly a couple of years ago, now,) my (adult) friend who only drinks 2% had to ASK for it every night...she was always greeted with a server pouring whole milk in her glass! I wonder if they're trying to be more "health conscious" or something?!

I am really surprised to see this! When we last sailed on Carnival (admittedly a couple of years ago, now,) my (adult) friend who only drinks 2% had to ASK for it every night...she was always greeted with a server pouring whole milk in her glass! I wonder if they're trying to be more "health conscious" or something?!

I think it was a relatively recent change when we sailed. I had called Carnival to check on the milk situation (I would have had no problem bringing my own supply on). I was assured there would be no issue. But there was not a drop of whole milk to be found on the ship.

I think it was a relatively recent change when we sailed. I had called Carnival to check on the milk situation (I would have had no problem bringing my own supply on). I was assured there would be no issue. But there was not a drop of whole milk to be found on the ship.

We were on Carnival last week. There was whole milk on the buffet at every meal and we received whole milk from room service. I never asked for it in the dinin room. They also had chocolate, 2% and skim. We've cruised Carnival 8 times in the last two years and they have always had whole milk available. I was disappointed that there was no apple juice at the buffet anymore.

Same experience on Princess for me - my twins had just started whole milk, but I knew ahead of time that Princess didn't have it. My pediatrician said that it wouldn't make any difference to drink reduced fat milk during a vacation. I understand that cruiselines probably have to drop items that most customers don't ask for since they have such limited capacity.

Best,

Mia

Same experience on Princess for me - my twins had just started whole milk' date=' but I knew ahead of time that Princess didn't have it. My pediatrician said that it wouldn't make any difference to drink reduced fat milk during a vacation. I understand that cruiselines probably have to drop items that most customers don't ask for since they have such limited capacity.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

I agree that drinking 2% milk for the cruise wont do any harm. If you worry about missing some calories from the whole milk, you can always just make sure to get some cheeses and soft serve ice cream during the day ;)

Archived