What Time Does Splendor Return to Port of Long Beach

suzy671

I want to make arrangements for a pickup to go back to the airport and I'm not sure what time to tell the driver, any suggestions. We will be taking our own luggage off and we're also all platinum members.

Thanks in advance.:)

There is no good answer for the Splendor. I was on the Oct 25 sailing and we had no problems and docked about 0730...My daughter and I did self assist (done by floors-higher to lower) and were off at 0830. Last week it didn't get into port until 3:00pm...I would almost say that when you actually dock and get clearance to leave, give the driver a call. It will probably be 1/2-1 hr from that point if you are doing self-assist. I believe self assist goes before platinum, but I could be wrong on that.

There's occasional surprise ICE inspections where all crew members must have their documents inspected before disembarkation can begin. Others on this board have encountered this; my relatives did too and they were not ashore until 1030.

As suggested, call a pre-arranged contact number when you know how things are going. There's often cell coverage approaching Long Beach if your ship is severely delayed.

Most likely none of this will be a problem and things will go smoothly.

We had hired a car service for our last cruise from the sister port in San Pedro (too much luggage for our car:)) and the company suggested a 9am pickup. When it looked like that wasn't going to happen (disembarkation didn't even start til about 8:45 on our cruise), I called the dispatcher who said not to worry, the driver will circle around until we get off the ship and are at the shuttle pick up point. So keep the dispatcher's phone number handy and call from the ship if it looks like you can't get off by the prearranged time. If it's a shuttle service experienced in dealing with picking up from the port, they'll know what to do.

Archived