coffee card, soda card, etc. help!

7nucruzers

We are sailing on Caribbean Princess 8/7 - 14 2010. We have never sailed Princess before - always used RCCL. I would like to give some of those in our group a "gift" card or coffee/soda card or spa certificate for a xmas gift. Can someone explain the different cards Princess offers, prices and can I get these ahead of time or do I have to wait until sailing?? Thanks!!!

Hi,

Cost USD$24.00 per gives you 15 special coffees and unlimited brewed coffee (incl decaf) from the International Cafe in the Piazza.

Check to see if your TA gives you a coupon book in the cabin, as sometimes there are 2 for 1 deals in there on the purchase of coffee cards (Best coupon in the book...(not the Passport of Values that shows up in every cabin onboard). The new coffee cards they are now using have no expiry date on them.

Ciao for now!!!

Soda card is actually a sticker put on your cruise card. It is $4.25 per day plus 15% tip. You get unlimited fountain drinks. Does not include cans or room service.

Can you buy just 2 days worth of a soda card or does it have to be the amount of how many days your cruise is? Can you get soda out of the fountain machines in a lot of locations throughout the ship or just a few spots? Thanks for the info!

Can you buy just 2 days worth of a soda card or does it have to be the amount of how many days your cruise is? Can you get soda out of the fountain machines in a lot of locations throughout the ship or just a few spots? Thanks for the info!

It's the entire cruise or not at all - you can't opt for only a few days (it's a sticker - how would they enforce less then the entire cruise?)

There are no fountain machines - you can get soda at any bar and it's dispensed from a bar style dispenser. I've found the bars up on the pool decks are best because they have larger cups then the ones inside the ship.

Soda cards and coffee cards must be purchased when on board. I am not aware of any way to purchase these in advance for someone as desired by the OP. I believe spa services can be ordered in advance but I am not sure this far in advance as the OP mentioned a sail date of August 2010. Spa reservations/certificates might not be available until 120 days pre-sailing or when excursions open up for booking.

Instead of buying these things this far in advance, I would just give family members an "IOU" at Xmas for X amount of on-board spending dollars, that way they can buy what they want. I personally have never found need to purchase coffee card or soda card on my cruises but would appreciate a gift of onboard credit from someone....

I have been on a few cruises previously, and have never purchased a Soda Card. On reading some of these posts, I had a question about the cards. I am travelling with one other person. If only one of us buys a card, is it possible for both of us to use it? I know that the sticker is on one card, but I'm sure he could swipe it for a soda that I could drink. Is this possible or are they really strict about the use? We don't drink that much soda but I figure the $25 would be worth it for the two of us. Thanks!

I have been on a few cruises previously, and have never purchased a Soda Card. On reading some of these posts, I had a question about the cards. I am travelling with one other person. If only one of us buys a card, is it possible for both of us to use it? I know that the sticker is on one card, but I'm sure he could swipe it for a soda that I could drink. Is this possible or are they really strict about the use? We don't drink that much soda but I figure the $25 would be worth it for the two of us. Thanks!

No, the soda sticker is affixed to one person's cruise card. Just buy the sodas as you go.

Do the soda cards cost $25.00 for any length cruise?

I seem to recall someone saying there was a different soda card that gave you unlimited mocktails and juices. Is that correct? If so' date=' how much are they? I don't drink alcohol and I don't like soft drinks (soda) so this type of card would interest me.[/quote']

I think you are talking about the Ultimate Card. I believe it is about $9.00 per day plus the 15% tip

Archived