Garden Of The Sleeping Giant??? Port Denarua

Hi all, Has anyone been to the garden of the sleeping giant?? I have heard quite a few people on here talk about. Could someone please tell me what it actually is? Is it right in Port Denarua?.. We will be there on our next cruise and have booked a tour to an island for 4 hours (thanks margngrah) and was planning on just wandering around after but I would love to know about this. I know I could prob google it but this is much more fun:p and hearing from people who have been and their experiences etc...or if we need not bother. Also, what is the shopping like there??Thanks in advance.. Fiona;)

Hi all, Has anyone been to the garden of the sleeping giant?? I have heard quite a few people on here talk about. Could someone please tell me what it actually is? Is it right in Port Denarua?.. We will be there on our next cruise and have booked a tour to an island for 4 hours (thanks margngrah) and was planning on just wandering around after but I would love to know about this. I know I could prob google it but this is much more fun:p and hearing from people who have been and their experiences etc...or if we need not bother. Also, what is the shopping like there??Thanks in advance.. Fiona;)

hi Fiona, we have been there and we found it interesting and they charge you $7.50 AUD to go inside, the ships go there but i dont know the prices as we went in a taxi....check out the link from someone who did a reveiw

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g294335-d309037-r39884888-Garden_of_the_Sleeping_Giant-Nadi_Viti_Levu.html

rkmw

We were there when Bob was there, and I can say we really enjoyed it, so peaceful and green as green, you can just walk around by yourself if you want. They give you a really lovely juice drink in gorgeous big chairs in the shade if you want to just 'chill out' for awhile. We got some good photos but I don't know how to put them on here. The orchids are beautiful. You would have to drive there as it is out in the bush towards the mountain (I assume thats the sleeping giant) and there's no shops or anything there but Port Denarau has plenty of shops and Nandi has Jacks etc which have good souveniers etc.

Hi Tassie Cruiser

I was there too with Sandra and Bob..:D

I second what Sandra said, it is very nice to see, was originally built under instructions from Raymond Burr as he loved the area and the people that much and wanted to give something back to the area. The ship offers a tour that also visits his old residence which is nearby, but like all ship tours it is a lot more expensive that organising your own thing. The Sleeping Giant is easy to get to as Bob said, not a very long drive from the wharf. Bob organised a taxi for all of us, so he will be able to give you some info on what to do there.

Hi Fiona

I was on the trip that Bob organised as well.

Attached a couple of photos showing the boardwalk and flowers.

They are mainly orchids but lots of greenery, ponds and some frogs as you go uphill.

It was a very nice place to go.

IMG_1222.jpg.18c987ef22e7a106b0998a13ea445fc8.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg.e8d122fce1edd38510ae724045631352.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg.72dc5940418b28e83b66b7925e7ef419.jpg

Archived