Carnival: Seen in...

Azure Moon

Watching television today, I've seen a still picture of a Carnival ship and a poster with a Carnival ship. :cool:

- The still picture was in the Everyone Loves Raymond 's episode where Raymond and his mother go on a cruise.

- The poster was in Christmas With The Kranks.

Didn't see this today, but I know a Carnival ship was shown in the movie Birdcage.

What other television shows and movies have Carnival ships been shown?

Watching television today, I've seen a still picture of a Carnival ship and a poster with a Carnival ship. :cool:

- The still picture was in the Everyone Loves Raymond 's episode where Raymond and his mother go on a cruise.

Didn't see this today, but I know a Carnival ship was shown in the movie Birdcage.

Lots, I'm sure. But definitely seen in one of my faves... DEXTER on SHO.

I remember the ship in Birdcage as one of the RCI Majesty OTS trio, very distinctive stack, not the Carnival red/blue funnel. Unless there were two scenes with ships sailing in the backdrop.

The other night on Ghost Whisperer they showed views of different ships as though it was one. In the begining, it looked like the outside of a Carnival ship. Then later they showed what could have been the Queen Mary in Long Beach or the Titanic! Deck scenes showed one of those old vent stacks like it was out in the middle of the deck.

I remember the ship in Birdcage as one of the RCI Majesty OTS trio, very distinctive stack, not the Carnival red/blue funnel. Unless there were two scenes with ships sailing in the backdrop.

There was definitely a Carnival ship shown in the "Birdcage" when Armand and Albert were driving to see Catherine (you could see it in the background). As far as an RCI ship, I don't know (you know better than me), I only recognized the Carnival ship.

Seen lots of Carnival ships on different episodes of CSI Miami

They are the same shots used over and over. CSI is filmed in Socal, a lot of it in Long Beach. They use file footage to give the "miami" look, plus Long Beach has a Miami look to it. WHenever they are at a dock, it is the same dock, I think Belmont Shores and they wet the ground to make it look like Miami!

When they filmed the cruise ship murder, it was on the Queen Mary.

There was definitely a Carnival ship shown in the "Birdcage" when Armand and Albert were driving to see Catherine (you could see it in the background). As far as an RCI ship, I don't know (you know better than me), I only recognized the Carnival ship.

The scene with the Majesty the two guys were talking on the street near where Versace got murdered and the ship floated by in the background. I haven't seen the movie in a while, should record it and watch to see all the cruise ships in the various background shots. When the move was playing in the theaters we had just started cruising so wasn't really aware of the ships.

There was a CSI Miami a couple of years ago where somebody gets murdered onboard as the ship was pulling into the Port of Miami to finish up a cruise. We had never watched the show and decided to watch it because it was promo'd as being on a cruise ship.

As the ship is pulling into the port, there were 4 passengers in bikinis and heels dancing on the Lido deck. Right, we all know this is how people are dressed as the ship pulls in to disgorge it's load, to take on a new load of people. :D:D:D

We watched this episode, laughed our heads off and have never watched since.

Monday night football this week in New Orleans you could see a Carnival ship docked from the aerial shots. Triumph maybe?

I checked the cruise schedule and the Triumph was not in port on Monday. So it could of been a generic aerial shot they keep using. So it could of been the Fantasy or the Triumph.

They are the same shots used over and over. CSI is filmed in Socal, a lot of it in Long Beach. They use file footage to give the "miami" look, plus Long Beach has a Miami look to it. WHenever they are at a dock, it is the same dock, I think Belmont Shores and they wet the ground to make it look like Miami!

When they filmed the cruise ship murder, it was on the Queen Mary.

Just 2 weeks ago our driver from Lauderdale to Miami told us that CSI Miami was actually filmed in Miami. Wonder why he told us that?

Michael Westin was standing with a cruise ship in the background on an early episode of Burn Notice. You saw the ship from the front, and I couldn't tell if it was Carnival or not. Didn't see a tail or anything.

Burn Notice uses the Carnival ships a lot. They also shoot down by Bayside quite often. They like to use the neighborhood around the Holiday Inn down there.

I checked the cruise schedule and the Triumph was not in port on Monday. So it could of been a generic aerial shot they keep using. So it could of been the Fantasy or the Triumph.

You are correct in that it was a "CANNED" shot. The Triumph left New Orleans on Saturday as we passed her in the river as we were coming back up the river on the NCL Spirit to dock in NOLA on Sunday morning. The Saints played on Monday.

Dave

Archived