September 30th or October 11th

pappy3393

Trying to decide which cruise to take. The itineraries are the same, just in opposite directions. The first starts in Montreal and ends in New York. The 2nd starts in NY and ends in Montreal. What are the pros and cons of going on the earlier vs. later cruise in terms of weather, fall foliage, and other factors. Thanks so much in advance for your feedback.

I would take the cruise from Montreal to NYC starting Sept. 30. The reason is that once you clear the St Lawrence River you will be traveling in synch with the foliage change as it goes from north & inland to south & coastal. If fall is a little early, you may get to follow it down the Canadian Maritime and New England Coasts. You may be a little early for peak foliage but that is better than being too late. If you start in NYC, you will be traveling in the opposite direction from the foliage change and by the time you visit your Canadian ports' of call, they could be well past peak. Plus the weather should be milder on the earlier cruise.

What is the cruise line and ports' of call?

SBtS

Having done this itinerary I would start in Montreal. I would go in a couple of days in advance to see the charming city. When your cruise ends you will then likely find many more flights back home from New York compared to Montreal which will minimize waiting time at the airport.

Keith

Archived