Soy milk on cruises?

malsha

Cruising with our 23 mth old in May on Grandeur of the Seas. He is lactose intolerant and has food allergies as well which I can handle by selecting his food for him but he can only drink soy milk and is a big milk fan. Do you know if Royal Caribbean carries soy milk on board? It doesn't sound that strange as this is a growing market.

Also, they only had the late seating for dinner available and it is 1 hour past his bedtime. They said the early one was booked. How can I get us into the early one? Wait until we get on the ship or call and bug and bug and bug the cruise line???

Thanks!

malsha

2000 - Triumph

2001 - Wonder

2002 - Paradise

2005 - Grandeur of the Sea

When you get onboard the ship the first thing you want to do is head to the dining room and see the head waiter requesting the change. THe longer you wait to do that the harder it will be to make changes. SOunds like your cruise is sold out. Cant believe a waiting list for early this early in the season.

We had the same concern with our DD. She was lactose intolerant as a baby. When we took our Disney Cruise our TA supplied us with a special meal request form. All we needed was a note from our doctor stating she was lactose intolerant and faxed it back. All cruise lines should have similar set-up just call your TA or cruise co.

On the cruise just tell your waiter (and head waiter) that you need lactose free milk. Disney also had lactose free ice cream available!!!

Only problem we had was on the return trip home. They wouldn't let us take it off the ship:( . Luckly we were able to make do.

even bread made without flour for people who are allergic to wheat.

My 2YO DS was allergic to milk, eggs, and soy. He did fine on Princess, but we had to eat in the dining room and requested everything served on the side--no cross-contaminations that way between foods.

Just make sure your waiters and the Maitre 'D know of your child's allergies the first night you ate in the dining room.

He only had 2 allergic reactions on the ship. Both were when we ate in the Horizon Court (buffet) where we took a chance with some of the dishes. He was like a butter/milk radar. Princess was willing to make any dish I can describe for my son. I simply ordered lots of fries, steamed vegetables, and rice, grilled steak and chicken for my son. For dessert, he had fruit sorbets. He ate well.

Thankfully, he has since outgrown his egg allergies, but still has minor reactions to milk (not life threatening), so our dining experience has been more enjoyable lately.

Remember to bring Benedryl chewables and Epipen Jr. just in case. I did but I didn't have to use it.

Archived