Of Segways and Shotguns in Nassau

cloudchaser

We took the Sensation for the Thanksgiving cruise. I booked a Segway tour off-ship since it was the same thing and much cheaper. When we got on the ship I noticed that the segway tour had been cancelled. In Nassau we went to the pick-up area and they were waitng for us, our directly booked tour wasn't cancelled. On arrival at the site there were only one other couple on the tour. They were off another ship, but had also booked locally. We had a great time but the segway route was nothing as described. We were suppposed to go through a nature park (off-road for my wife who hates riding with traffic) but instead went into traffic and to some strange places for a segway run. It was still fun and my wife did excellent. Only after we got back did we see the reason for the cancellations and our route change. See http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/articles/cruise-companies-cancel-nassau-excursions That was the week before we arrived.

might explain why no takers on the excursion also.

we leave next saturday for our cruise and had planned on taking the little 2 hr tour but back in october some passengers were robbed on that excursion (at the queens staircase) so we may just let the slot machines rob us. at lease i want have a gun to my head while i freely give up my money.

Didn't the operator of the tour tell you they were not going where you had expected? If he did before the trip, why wouldn't you ask why the change? If he didn't tell you until after you got the segway, I'd have been mighty upset to not go where I had been expecting to with no explanation. Obviously, there was a reason for the cancellation on the ship as well as the changes with the OP. I think the OP should have given you a choice of the new route or canceling the whole thing.

Didn't the operator of the tour tell you they were not going where you had expected? If he did before the trip, why wouldn't you ask why the change? If he didn't tell you until after you got the segway, I'd have been mighty upset to not go where I had been expecting to with no explanation. Obviously, there was a reason for the cancellation on the ship as well as the changes with the OP. I think the OP should have given you a choice of the new route or canceling the whole thing.

Maybe they're using the Cruiseline's role model aka "We'll take you where we want to and what are you gonna do about it?" :p

We did the Segway tour on the San Antonio Riverwalk and loved it. We had even thought of doing one in the Bahamas but with the recent events were glad to here that the cruiselines have their passengers safety in mine.

I agree that the operators, the the Bahamas, should have told cloudchaser that there would be a change in their route but at least they kept them out of the woods and out of danger. Of course that all depends in how much traffic they were gliding in.

I saw the Bahamas Segway tour on YouTube and thought it looked kind of boring. Of course this is just my opinon but for $98 I expected a bit more.

Archived