Princess train Whittier to Anchorage

ceejay_San Angelo

We're booked on the Princess train transfer from Whittier to Anchorage this June after our cruise ends. A couple of questions

* Will Princess transfer our luggage from ship to train?

* Does the train go to the airport or downtown Egan Center?

Since we want to rent a car at the airport, can we (and our luggage) get off there?

Thanks!

What is the Princess Train? I reserved a rental car in Whittier from Avis, but am curious as to what Princess offers in transfers. The rental car was cheap, but the one-way rental fee is a fortune. Thanks for any info regarding getting from Whittier to Anchorage. We'll be on the Sun Princess June 20th NB.

Princess will have a bus and train available for transfers to Anchorage. Scenery is exactly the same on this portion. Frankly- if you aren't going directly to Seward- it may be cheaper to rent a round trip car at the Anchorage airport. Plenty of companies there, Dollar, National, Payless, Thrifty, Alamo all the majors. Plus some good deals via priceline in the past.

The Princess train is sold out. (Thanks travel agent -- what the heck am I paying for -- we booked in Sept!). We'll keep the rental car. At $219 we already will have it in Anchorage and won't need to make any other stops. We're not going home until the following day, so it'll be nice to have the car. I was told the train would be $90/pp and I don't know if we could have got a car for less than $40. Plus, I'll probably find an Avis coupon before June. Thanks for the info, though. Pretty unbelievable that I have to find out about transfers from Whittier to Anchorage through a message board when I booked my cruise through a travel agent.

We're booked on the Princess train transfer from Whittier to Anchorage this June after our cruise ends. A couple of questions

* Will Princess transfer our luggage from ship to train?

* Does the train go to the airport or downtown Egan Center?

Since we want to rent a car at the airport, can we (and our luggage) get off there?

Thanks!

depending on your group sze, wour group used auroralimousines.com in Anchoarge and got a great group discount $44 pp we had 9 poeple and they took us and our luggage , where we needed to go. Great service great price.

Archived