packing for a mom and two 7 yr old boys?

sr5242

we leave in a week for our 4 nite cruise. it will be myself and my twin 7 yr old boys. we have not flown anywhere in 4 yrs, and have never cruised. we only go on 1-2 nite driving trips, and even then we bring WAY TOO MUCH stuff!

please help me streamline. my goal is to only bring carryons. can anyone recommend a streamlined packing list for school age kids?

thanks so much for any input!

What we try to do is wear our dinner clothes the next day. Obviously this doesn't work for the Formal or Elegant night clothes. How dirty do your boys get? What's the weather going to be like? Those are big considerations for a short cruise.

For a four night cruise I bring a pair of shorts, pants, capris (or a second pr of long pants), 'nice' sweats, 4-5 shirts, a decent jacket and one outfit for Formal/Elegant night. 1 pair Sneakers, dress shoes and sandals, bathing suit. All tops go with all bottoms. Sneakers and sandals go with everything.

The boys list will be similar. Swim trunks, 4 pants/shorts, sweats, decent jacket, 4 polos, 1 dress shirt, tie (?). Black sneakers can be worn for Formal night. Maybe an extra pair of shoes. Don't forget the underwear.

Both lists include what we wear embarking and debarking the ship.

We usually bring more in 'just in case' meds than anything else.

We don't bring much more than this for a 7day cruise.

My hubby's list is 2 pr dockers, 4 shirts, 1 pair of shoes, underwear and socks.

Take less instead of more. You did not mention which ship but many have a self-serve laundry if you Really need it. Take dark colored shorts/pants and then use polo shirts/tees. You don't need as many pants that way. No one is going to notice if they wear things multiple times (just stay away from chocolate ice cream).;)

For dinner, I would take 2 pairs of dockers type pants (you can always do a quick wash if you need to) and 4 polo shirts. Day time is shorts, bathing suits and t-shirts. Sandals/watershoes, tennis shoes and a nicer pair of shoes for night. If each boy can carry on a small suitcase, all that should fit easily. Then they can carry a back-pack for entertainement stuff - cars, video games, coloring/puzzle books etc.

For you - Dark pants, dark capris, couple of pairs of denim shorts. 2 each nice blouses, polos & knit shirts. Pajamas/gown, swim suit, socks, undies and any toiletry you can't live without. Shoes - Sandals w/heals, flat sandals and sneakers.

For the boys - Dark pants, several pairs of shorts, polos and t-shirts. Swim trunks and rash guard shirts. Pajamas, socks and undies. Shoes= flat sandals or flip flops, sneakers and possibly water shoes. Hats or sunglasses. Tide to go pen, some ships dont have laundry facilities.

Deck of cards, sunblock, camera, $1 bills for tips, video games, kid's tylenol/ibuprofen, diphenhydramine/benadryl (our pediatrician says it's safe for seasickness - I only used it once.), bandaids, hydrocortisone or itch cream.

Can't think of anything else right now. Have fun!

Archived