I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

My first wife was from Flushing, Queens. She was a very good person. The second wife, aka The Psycho, was from the Syracuse area. She was evil.

Maybe some New Yorkers are kind, considerate and genteel. Maybe others are loud, pushy and obnoxious.:D

But doesn't every state have those extremes?

Kumbaya, Baby..... Kumbaya. :)

My first wife was from Flushing' date=' Queens. She was a very good person. The second wife, aka The Psycho, was from the Syracuse area. She was evil.

Maybe [i']some [/i]New Yorkers are kind, considerate and genteel. Maybe others are loud, pushy and obnoxious.:D

But doesn't every state have those extremes?

Kumbaya, Baby..... Kumbaya. :)

That's exactly the point! Where you are from does not make you good or bad. You can't label everyone for one "bad" apple (no pun intended).

This site is called Cruise "Critic" for a reason. Everything is not perfect since we live in the real imperfect world. You expect to find out about both the good and bad about a ship and a particular sailing. Everyone on every sailing cannot come away with a totally positive experience. You only hope the satisfied passengers out rank the dissatisfied passengers.

So, if you speak up about shortcomings, you are labeled "whiney". If passengers are not satisfied, they will take their money elsewhere. While some complaints may be unreasonable, most are not and something can be done while on board to rectify the problem. Passengers should not be afraid to complain if there is a problem.

MARAPRINCE

I don't want to hear anyone complain about tourists, snowbirds, etc. etc. etc.

I LIVE AT THE JERSEY SHORE YEAR ROUND.

I read about that MTV show in the paper today.. (don't watch it.. ewww)

OMG... One of the guys cold-cocked a girl!!

I read about that MTV show in the paper today.. (don't watch it.. ewww)

It's been all the buzz. We knew it was being taped down in Seaside, but since the locals avoid it between Easter and September 15. In fact, I think many of us would prefer the Sawmill to burn down some Sunday night with no witnesses.

OMG... One of the guys cold-cocked a girl!!

No chick deserves that, regardless of how ugly her Ed Hardy hat is.

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!! I hope I am not the only person that feels like this???

Well, I have news for you...I WAS on the Dream, I AM from NY and I posted a VERY GOOD review of the Dream going out of NY. As a matter of fact, I have taken all 10 of my cruises out of NY! and guess what??? no complaints on any of them! Go to other cruise lines/reviews....ALL of them have bad reviews of some sort from people all over the world, not just from NY! There were tons of people that flew/drove in and were NOT from NY! So, before you make a statement such as "whiney, crying New Yorkers", you might want to get facts first.

PS. aren't you contradicting yourself by coming on here and whining about the "whiney New Yorkers"????

Not the best... by a long shot... but I always end up here for some reason or another.

020-vi.jpg

and of course, after your meal in Chinatown... a quick touch up is always good... (that's not me... )

018-vi.jpg

OMG! I have a pic in front of that same shop in Chinatown from about two years ago! Sophomoric and juvenile, yes, and I love it!

Hell's Kitchen in the house!! (DO NOT call it "Clinton" or "Midtown West", please -- them's fightin' words.........LOL!!)

Just a guess, but I think the OP and Sgt. Schultz dislike NYers so much because basically we don't suffer fools gladly and that's perhaps where the problem started? We also celebrate and embrace diversity in different ethnicities, skin colors, cultures and religions and that can be quite scary to some people who have lived a more "provincial" life. Sad, if you think about it - going through life thinking (and taking the time to write down) such mean things about other people. Oh, well...... :D

Archived