I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!! I hope I am not the only person that feels like this???

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!!

Enough to take the time to post and complain about it? :confused:

If you are tired of reading bad reviews, Don't read them. People have a right to share their perceptions of their cruise as they see it. I too am looking forward to cruising on the Dream, some time next year after they get all the new product teething pains worked out.

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!! I hope I am not the only person that feels like this???

wow, thats incredibly small minded of you... it wasn't just new yorkers on there who had a bad time i'm sure... if you look at the circumstances, im sure plenty of people had a great time, and plenty had a bad time. id hedge a bet that people were expecting a fully functional cruise ship, not one that still was getting the kinks out, and while thats partially thier fault, you'd think carnival would have the problems worked out before catering to people who paid rediculously high prices to be one of the first to ride the Dream. carnival hasn't placed a permanent ship out of NY not because of new yorkers, which is just stupid to even consider, but because the market isn't huge during the entire year... which would be the only real driving force in putting a ship somewhere, the availability of revenue.

so instead of making stupid claims about other people, worry about yourself and your upcoming cruise. which will likely be great considering by mid january it's been holding paying customers for nearly 4 months, and should have most of the kinks the people now are dealing with worked out.

stop being so stereotypical. its really stupid. and if this sounds mean, deal with it... such small minded sterotypical-labelling people are useless in modern society

Greetings Steelermoose, I just read the Cruise Critic Reviews about the Dream I far as I can see the Dream received 4 out of 5 ribbons on avg. That's pretty good. I been on 7 Carnival Cruises and never had a bad cruise. However there will always people that complain. Some that are serious and some that are just plain dumb. Also just because a ship leaves from a port does not mean very one on that ship or everyone writing a review is from that city. That"s it and have a great cruise.

Who is the whiney one? The one reading reviews they do not like of their own free will, or the people that have actually cruised on the ship and posted their experience?

While some of you may not like it the OP has a valid point in some ways. I have reviewed other cruise line reviews and noticed a higher instance of complaints on a ship when it left from NY than another port. I find that to be an odd coincidence. Noticed even on Princess, a ship got pretty decent reviews out of Ft. Lauderdale, not such nice ones when sailing out of NY.

I have to mention other than the notice of the temporary black out all other items I have noticed on all cruises I have been on. Not sure why they are any more of a problem on the Dream than they are on any other ship????

Comments of rude people and rude staff are really subjective and some people who are rude themselves don't even realize it. Nor are rude people only on cruise ships so why feel the need to point out something like that???? On a Princess cruise a woman actually took my daughter's toast out of the toaster - while I do consider that rude, I didn't put in my review that the ship was filled with rude passengers, etc.

Lines at the Lido buffet??? OMG when did this become new news??? That is why I now choose to dine in the dining room for breakfast. It isn't like people don't have options on the Dream.

For me a bad cruise will be if the ship sinks or catches on fire LOL!!! While some are more enjoyable than others I don't really see how some people can be soooooo negative.

While some of you may not like it the OP has a valid point in some ways.

Which part?

Long embarkation because the ship "didn't fit"?

Crowded public areas because the outside was unusable?

Kinks of a new ship that hasn't been ironed out?

Awdwardness of a staff that doesn't quite know how to interact with their colleagues yet?

Having been on something like 9 NY sailings, all in pretty good conditions, I didn't notice any difference. Maybe because I'm a rude NYer. :rolleyes:

Yet, when I'm pushing and yelling at my fellow passengers, I find many are out of towners thrilled to be sailing out of NY harbor. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

While some of you may not like it the OP has a valid point in some ways. I have reviewed other cruise line reviews and noticed a higher instance of complaints on a ship when it left from NY than another port. I find that to be an odd coincidence. Noticed even on Princess, a ship got pretty decent reviews out of Ft. Lauderdale, not such nice ones when sailing out of NY.

I have to mention other than the notice of the temporary black out all other items I have noticed on all cruises I have been on. Not sure why they are any more of a problem on the Dream than they are on any other ship????

Why do we NY'ers take it on the chin so often?

Perhaps... it's all those Rude people from CT... or MA? OR..... NJ'ites!!!!!

Us NY'ers are not to blame.

(ok... maybe a few).

When did they take the "critic" part out of cruise critic?

Sorry the OP does not like negative reviews but are not people entitled to say what they think.

Than the reader can decide what to make of the review.

I kind of sort of think that is the way things work.

I love Carnival and we are platinum but would not go on a new ship until it has had the chance to work out the problems.

I am sick and tired of people telling people it is what you make of it:rolleyes:

You can't possibly know other peoples experience.......

I would think the ship not fitting should have been something the port should have already known about before accepting the ship to sail from there. If the port couldn't handle the ship they should have told Carnival so and not just made do for those few sailings. Just as if its home port in Port Canaveral can't handle the ship I would think they should know that before deciding to port there. That would be like RCI deciding to make Baltimore the home port for the Oasis.

Several reviews of the Pride out of Baltimore also mentioned rude staff - our sailing I never encountered one unpleasant staff member. Every and I mean absolutely every single crew member I passed in a hall said hello, good morning, good evening, etc. Most of the staff on the Dream are not new so I don't see why there would be awarkedness. But again noone really provided examples so I can't really say. You will get someone that says I had bad wait service - but why was it bad there had to be something specific which if people won't provide actual details then I find them at fault.

As for the weather that happens, again that isn't any fault of the cruise line or the ship itself. That again should be something you are aware of the possibility of before the ship sets sail.

Nor do I feel only New Yorker's sail from ships out of NY but they are more prevalent than out of towner's. I could also state I saw a different type of passenger sailing out of Baltimore than what I got out of Ft. Lauderdale, but again I don't feel that should be relevant material to my review. Just saying read more comments of RUDENESS out of sailing from NY when ship had comparable sailings out of Florida.

Why do we NY'ers take it on the chin so often?

Perhaps... it's all those Rude people from CT... or MA? OR..... NJ'ites!!!!!

Us NY'ers are not to blame.

(ok... maybe a few).

Actually, I have researched this, and found they are primarily from the northeast corner of Monmouth County.

Dittp

Well, all things being relative, they probably DO have more to complain about. The weather isn't nearly as conducive to cruising as a Florida terminal, the terminal itself is much smaller and the waters are more unstable up that way. Perhaps this is more to blame than the passengers or cruise line itself.

Rough seas, colder weather, and a tiny terminal make for a much different experience than say...Pt. Canaveral or Miami. With that in mind, the reviews make more sense. Typically, at least from what I've seen, these are many of the complaints. This may also affect service because so many people are inside, rather than outside the way they are in warmer ports. Does it completely excuse the cruise line for not being prepared for that when they leave from these ports? No...but, it does explain parts of the reasons and I think they're valid.

I do agree that a cruise is what you make it. I've never been on a cruise where at least parts of it weren't a great time. Even if it's just sitting by a window and genuinely being pleased that I was there, just watching the ocean go by or appreciating the fact that my room was clean and I didn't have to clean it!!

If people are expecting the Dream to be a completely different experience, they're probably going to be disappointed. It's a ship...just like all the other ones. Bigger waterslides and a few more whirlpools isn't going to completely change the experience. Not sure why anyone would think it would, ya know?

Cruising is, in my mind anyway, a mentality and some people just aren't designed to relax enough to get that experience without things being exactly as they anticipated. (not saying NYer's are that way...just some people)

Archived