Just off the Mariner - any questions? took the kids age 3,7,10

gkeep

• 2 months later...

Bumping this back up a little, if there are any others who want to add more info??

We are going in a few weeks, and I am the type of person who likes to know as much as I can before hand.

Are there themes in the kids club? (Pirate day, etc??)

Do the planned activities require strict participation, or if my daughter would prefer to color for example, could she do that?

Any copies of the kids compass for the 3-5 set?

Thanks!! :)

I am on Mariner once a month. Dont have kids, am a widow.

Capt Per (regular Captain on Mariner) is returning on May 9th

the last I heard. I leave on Sunday (tomorrow) so will find

out more info.

Bumping this back up a little, if there are any others who want to add more info??

We are going in a few weeks, and I am the type of person who likes to know as much as I can before hand.

Any copies of the kids compass for the 3-5 set?

Thanks!! :)

I have a few questions... We are sailing in July and I wondered if anyone would be willing to gather and send to me (either by mail or scan/email) the full week's worth of Daily Compass ahead of time.

I'm not so totally Type A personality that I have to schedule every minute of my leisure cruise, but I do want to plan ahead because we're traveling with a newly turned two-year old who isn't old enough for the group kid activities. I'm basically looking for information so that I can make up my own toddler itinerary FAR in advance. I have to keep him busy for 7 days...Yikes!

I'm not sure if there are Daily Compass itineraries for different ages, but I'm most interested in the Mom/Tot program that is supposedly offered in the way of a daily play group and what times shows like the ice dancing are offered. If these things fall during a "normal" sleeping times I will need to bring a lot more activities on board.

I would be more than happy to reimburse costs to mail these to me if someone would be willing to gather them for me, pretty please. :D

Also, could someone get the official scoop on whether or not disposable diapers are allowed in the Mariner pools please? My son is 2 next week, but we are traveling with a cousin and her daughter will barely be 18 months by the cruise. Neither of them are potty trained as of today, but that doesn't mean than in the next 3 months my son won't have that daily task mastered.

According to Royal Caribbean agents by phone, disposable diapers are fine in the pools, but I have read conflicting answers from people posting about this topic. I don't want to bother packing something that he can't use, and I certainly understand why some people might be hesitant to toss a kid in diapers into public water. Maybe some could just check to see if there are signs posted that we need to obey? Just even that much information might clear up some of the confusion I have.

I hope you have a totally safe and enjoyable trip!!!

Erica

........Also, could someone get the official scoop on whether or not disposable diapers are allowed in the Mariner pools please? My son is 2 next week, but we are traveling with a cousin and her daughter will barely be 18 months by the cruise. Neither of them are potty trained as of today, but that doesn't mean than in the next 3 months my son won't have that daily task mastered.
Official scoop from Royal Caribbean:

Are there any restrictions regarding children in the pools? - Royal Caribbean International

Please note: Due to Public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups, or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools, or H2O zone. On the Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas children in diapers, or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone" specially designated for them.

Several families that I met cruising brought their own walkie-talkies with them to keep in touch during the cruise. If I remember right, one family purchased them at Radio Shack. They were small and hung around the neck on a cord. I thought it terribly clever. They said they worked beautifully. Just wanted to let you all know that there are other options other than trying to rent those on the ship.

Pamela

Tucson

I have a few questions... We are sailing in July and I wondered if anyone would be willing to gather and send to me (either by mail or scan/email) the full week's worth of Daily Compass ahead of time.

I'm not so totally Type A personality that I have to schedule every minute of my leisure cruise, but I do want to plan ahead because we're traveling with a newly turned two-year old who isn't old enough for the group kid activities. I'm basically looking for information so that I can make up my own toddler itinerary FAR in advance. I have to keep him busy for 7 days...Yikes!

I'm not sure if there are Daily Compass itineraries for different ages, but I'm most interested in the Mom/Tot program that is supposedly offered in the way of a daily play group and what times shows like the ice dancing are offered. If these things fall during a "normal" sleeping times I will need to bring a lot more activities on board.

I would be more than happy to reimburse costs to mail these to me if someone would be willing to gather them for me, pretty please. :D

Also, could someone get the official scoop on whether or not disposable diapers are allowed in the Mariner pools please? My son is 2 next week, but we are traveling with a cousin and her daughter will barely be 18 months by the cruise. Neither of them are potty trained as of today, but that doesn't mean than in the next 3 months my son won't have that daily task mastered.

According to Royal Caribbean agents by phone, disposable diapers are fine in the pools, but I have read conflicting answers from people posting about this topic. I don't want to bother packing something that he can't use, and I certainly understand why some people might be hesitant to toss a kid in diapers into public water. Maybe some could just check to see if there are signs posted that we need to obey? Just even that much information might clear up some of the confusion I have.

I hope you have a totally safe and enjoyable trip!!!

Erica

Please tell me that there are NOT morons at RC answering the phones who tell people this!

As posted right above, NO diapers are allowed in the pools. (there is a special zone on Freedom class and Oasis, but other than that, it is ABSOLUTELY forbidden).

This is the worst case of phone-answerer idiocy yet! :eek:

They did not - we asked first thing and our room attendant said they don't open them and haven't for a long time. There was some rule that she couldn't really explain. My 3 year old could go under the door though - LOL.

they are very strict on Mariner about this. We've been told that their official policy is to only open dividers between connecting cabins (ones that have a connecting door inside). However, the OP seems to have had connecting cabins, and wasn't able to have them opened. Interesting.

Hi,

Are kids allowed to order from the adult menu in the MDR? My son is a healthy eater and likes steak and such... wondering if the kids are required to order from the children's menu.

He's 11.

Thanks

Yes, kids can order off the regular menu, even the very young ones. In fact, the wait team usually encourages that. And adults can order off the children's menu too - there's a wonderful brownie bottom ice cream sundae on there.

Please tell me that there are NOT morons at RC answering the phones who tell people this!

This is the worst case of phone-answerer idiocy yet! :eek:

YUP. I read all the controversy on here and called up to get the information straight from RC and I was told by an RC employee that water diapers were acceptable in all the pools. Hence, why I thought I'd ask someone boarding the ship ahead of me to investigate. If they told me it wasn't a problem, I'm sure they've told everyone else who called to ask the same thing.

Hi,

Are kids allowed to order from the adult menu in the MDR? My son is a healthy eater and likes steak and such... wondering if the kids are required to order from the children's menu.

He's 11.

Thanks

I want my kids (3 and 5) to order off the adult menu. What a better time for them to try something besides "chicken & fries."

I have a few questions... We are sailing in July and I wondered if anyone would be willing to gather and send to me (either by mail or scan/email) the full week's worth of Daily Compass ahead of time. ...

Erica

Erica, I'll do my best to keep them for you! Just the regular compass or the kids one as well?

Archived