Tipping on the Celebration

Having been on several Thomson cruises we always tip for excellent service and this has sometimes included the deck crew who got out our sunbeds and cushions for us when they saw us coming early in the morning. We also tipped anyone around the ship who gave excellent service irregardless of which bar we were in. We usually tip £20 each for 2 weeks to maitre D, waiters etc and cabin stewart

I know tips are included and none of the staff seem to expect a tip, unlike other cruiselines, so we think its nice to tip individuals who have looked after us especially well

Budgie, it was not your thread opener I was referring to, but some of the comments after. You may note some people are already taking the mick out of people who dont tip. I was merely pointing out that there is nothing wrong with people who do not tip on a holiday which states that all tips are included.If anyone has the financial clout to carry on tipping as they see fit then good luck to them, but dont expect everyone to be of the same ilk. On my first cruise it was obvious that there is now a two way split between those in the meridian restaurant and those who predominately use the lido. All inclusive will always result in such a situation, but I think thomson are catering very well with all tastes and all opinions.

Archived