Azamara's Big Announcement

editor@cruisecritic

Question...

If we are Elite with Celebrity and Diamond Plus with RCCL does it carry over to AZ...as it does now..or do I start from scratch???

Hi Where2 !

Im wondering about that too. If they make the Celebrity faithful start from zero, they are going to have some very unhappy Cruisers on their hands. Hopefully, Carolyn will have an answer for us.

Pimentel: "Prices will go up" (to accommodate the inclusive stuff). What do you think the free DIY laundry will add to your fare? :)

Carolyn

Marketing ploy will add about 50 bucks to fare and it's less than a roll of quarters...big whoop!

I would be VERY impressed if it was free laundry that THEY did for us

Pimentel: "Prices will go up" (to accommodate the inclusive stuff). What do you think the free DIY laundry will add to your fare? :)

Carolyn

I don't mind the DYI laundry bit, but I will not be pleased if I have to pay an increase for alcohol which I do not drink.

Marketing ploy will add about 50 bucks to fare and it's less than a roll of quarters...big whoop!

I would be VERY impressed if it was free laundry that THEY did it

Hi Where2 !

On Celebrity, they are now giving Elites 20-30 pieces of complimentary laundry (20 or 30 depends on itinerary/water restrictions) per sailing. IMHO, Azamara should certainly do the same.

So the "Big announcement" is:

1 - We'll save money by cruising slower

2- Include Wine at lunch and dinner and give you free water and coffee other times

3- Let you do your own laundry

4- Actually train our Butlers...

SO why is this such a big announcement??

I don't mind the DYI laundry bit, but I will not be pleased if I have to pay an increase for alcohol which I do not drink.

Hi Comcox !

As an non-drinker, I'm with you on this one. I'd hate to see prices go up dramatically, due to unlimited Alcohol being offered. I have many reasons for this, other than me being a non-drinker, but the main reason is, I'd rather not pay for something I will not take advantage of.

I still feel that a reasonbly priced alcohol and/or wine package is the best way to go.

Their standard wine is awful. More overnights means less fuel used. A few name changes doesn't make any impression. Lots of hype, too little outcome. I'm truly not impressed.

Honestly, I am not impressed either...what is this big announcement??? what a bunch of hype.

Now they're taking questions. First up:

why tweak the brand now after 2.5 years?

Larry: “Brand needed to be tweaked. Our corporation has been very innovative with new tonnage. Celebrity intro’d new Solstice class, perhaps the sexiest ships anywhere. And of course Oasis is out there. Richard Fain decided he wanted the upmarket line – and called on me. The timing is right. I also believe that upmarket clients are coming back in 2010. In 2011 the floodgates will be opened.

When will Azamara build a new ship?

Larry:

"We’ve been able to fill the ships pretty well – but at the wrong rates." Notes that 20 percent increase in fares.

"We will build new ships. We will be growing in a smaller ship category, small ships that can go to unique destinations where the big boys can’t go.”

He does say that prices will go up as of Monday (hint? book this week for "old" fares?)

Carolyn

When will the website be back online, so we can actually book for the "older" prices ?

When will Azamara build a new ship?

Larry:

"We’ve been able to fill the ships pretty well – but at the wrong rates." Notes that 20 percent increase in fares.

"We will build new ships. We will be growing in a smaller ship category, small ships that can go to unique destinations where the big boys can’t go.”

He does say that prices will go up as of Monday (hint? book this week for "old" fares?)

Carolyn

Archived