New Epic build pictures?

ddakrt

For those that are doing the maiden voyage I envy you so much. Have a great time and please take lots of pictures . And if anyone is near or on deck 12 please take pictures of 12072 if they can as that is the room we're in in March/2011.

Really!! That sounds better. Do you know which parts? Thanks!

The "model" shows some of the space on the top front is open to all passengers, but I don't think it is 50%. It appears the the "side" area is open to all and is the color blue. The front and back looks to for the Villas and suites. The "Posh" area is not shown in the attached photo.

The "model" shows some of the space on the top front is open to all passengers, but I don't think it is 50%. It appears the the "side" area is open to all and is the color blue. The front and back looks to for the Villas and suites. The "Posh" area is not shown in the attached photo.

Looks like more then 50 % to me :cool:

http://www.shipspotting.com/search.php?query=norwegian+epic&action=results

4 more pics on shipspotting. The painting of the hat had started; and you can sort of tell from the direct frontal view, the hullart is almost done too.

Thank you for posting! At least her exterior is coming along swimmingly! Here's hoping her interior is as well! :)

Looking at the picture....epic is probably going to get even worse fuel economy than a regular cruise ship. It's not aerodynamic at all.

Its not like it is flowing through the air at great speeds, what matters is the "Hull" design, flowing through the "Sea". LOL

This is almost as good as the ones that ask if they need a passport to get into San Juan, PR.

Its not like it is flowing through the air at great speeds, what matters is the "Hull" design, flowing through the "Sea". LOL

This is almost as good as the ones that ask if they need a passport to get into San Juan, PR.

Actually, it's correct, in the great scheme of things the water resistance is of far greater concerns than the air resistance.

Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

Dare I say it, she looks good with the hat painted and most of the tape gone!

The reverse downward sloping of the Villa glass gives it a unique reflection too. :D It's also kinda neat that they used regular tinted glass for the Garden Cafe and La Cucina while using reflective glass for the Villas; it's an interesting detail that I didn't expect.

These are on shipspotting (where else lol) so if you want the fullsize you can find them there.

Edit: Fullsize links:

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1107602/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1107599/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

Looks like for certain they made the forward deck 16 closed balconies with the little window for fresh air.

I'm wondering whether the panel BELOW the little windows is glass or metal? It would be nice if you could lay on a chaise and look out through glass under the windows. (Deck 16 OS forward)

It is just me or do those little windows in the wall of glass in the front Villa area look strange. I would just prefer to not have window frame obstruction and just have a whole wall of glass.

I guess you can always stick your head out and stare at the stars ;) :)

The small windows also make an emergency exit. I dont know about cruise ships but most apartments or condos must have a door and window or another exit in case of fire or emergency.

Anyway, it is prettty cool to see my suite in construction. My suite is 17005. It is the top on the left with the one small window if you look at the front of the ship

I'm wondering whether the panel BELOW the little windows is glass or metal? It would be nice if you could lay on a chaise and look out through glass under the windows. (Deck 16 OS forward)

Those are also glass.

It is just me or do those little windows in the wall of glass in the front Villa area look strange. I would just prefer to not have window frame obstruction and just have a whole wall of glass.

The small windows also make an emergency exit. I dont know about cruise ships but most apartments or condos must have a door and window or another exit in case of fire or emergency.

Anyway, it is prettty cool to see my suite in construction. My suite is 17005. It is the top on the left with the one small window if you look at the front of the ship

They do look strange, and I thought the same that it'd be better to have a single pane of floor to ceiling glass. Then again, you'll have a full pane of glass in the living room area anyway, so having the smaller opening windows isn't a bad idea even if it's just for variety's sake.

It is just me or do those little windows in the wall of glass in the front Villa area look strange.

May look a little strange but being able to get some fresh sea air in the cabin more then offsets that. Hope they don't whistle..lol

There is only one way out of an inside cabin.....

May look a little strange but being able to get some fresh sea air in the cabin more then offsets that. Hope they don't whistle..lol

i agree with the sea air being a nice idea

I just dont want anything ruining my million dollar view that I am paying all year for

:):):):):):

;)

Dare I say it, she looks good with the hat painted and most of the tape gone!

The reverse downward sloping of the Villa glass gives it a unique reflection too. :D It's also kinda neat that they used regular tinted glass for the Garden Cafe and La Cucina while using reflective glass for the Villas; it's an interesting detail that I didn't expect.

These are on shipspotting (where else lol) so if you want the fullsize you can find them there.

Edit: Fullsize links:

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1107602/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1107599/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

What is that covered item beside the Owners Suite #16002 on Deck 16 and the Cafe on 15?

Looks like something that might block my view or window cleaning platform that will look into my shower. What do you think?

What is that covered item beside the Owners Suite #16002 on Deck 16 and the Cafe on 15?

Looks like something that might block my view or window cleaning platform that will look into my shower. What do you think?

That's the cheapest cabin on the ship. It hangs off the front.

The one and only open air stateroom.

Archived