New Epic build pictures?

ddakrt

The theater seats look really comfortable and an interesting yellow. The brochure had the theater seats as blue or purple. I am sure so many other surprises are coming our way as we see reality over the imaginary pictures.

Cant wait!

Kris - Keep those pictures coming! :D I did notice that they had actually painted the portside of the ship which for the longest time didn't have any hull art on it. It was just before they took off the protective covering on the windows up top in the Villa area. Nice work! :)

Links to both the next webcast and new photos are at:

epicblog.ncl.com

www.ncl.com/facebook

NCL is promising new photos every day...

Headliner's and the bowling alley in O'Shennan's

Webcast has been postponed

The @NCLFreestyle webcast which was scheduled for 5/18 has been postponed. We'll have more fleet news and Epic announcements including video releases in the next few weeks. #cruise

Source: NCL's Facebook page

That is a very ominous sign. NCL has been all about showing off and announcing Epic news.

I thnk they are probably canceling this webcast to avoid the hard questions re the fire that they do not yet have the answers to.

Classic NCL. If they do not have anything good to say about themselves they clam up.

Get ready for bad news

That is a very ominous sign. NCL has been all about showing off and announcing Epic news.

I thnk they are probably canceling this webcast to avoid the hard questions re the fire that they do not yet have the answers to.

Classic NCL. If they do not have anything good to say about themselves they clam up.

Get ready for bad news

Well what do you want them to say? What good would an announcement do?

If and when they know the ship won't be delivered on time, you can bet that they'll announce it right away. It does them no good to hide the delay.

Boeckli - Thank you for posting. Glad to know she's back floating again! :) That's really exciting to see that she's at least got water back around her again!

Zimomiller - I doubt NCL would cancel any webcast just to avoid questions about the fire. They've been answering questions and have not changed their statement that the ship will be ready on-time. I believe in NCL and that it will be delivered on-time. I know NCL is probably waiting for the yard to slip up to some extent because while it would hurt NCL in the short run it would give them MILLIONS if the yard messed up. Trust me... STX is going to hand it over on-time. They're already losing money on this ship... to lose most of what the contract cost for a late delivery... um... yeah it'd cause this yard to probably never build another cruise ship again (and I say they shouldn't anyway)!! Have a little faith! :p

Another new day, another new picture (ok, 2 new pictures) on shipspotting.

Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

Links to full size here:

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1110864/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1110836/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

If either the yard or NCL is hiding the delay, they're certainly not showing it with the exterior prep.

Almost all protective tapes are gone from the windows and logos, the hat's painting is done, engines are started, the net is up for the sports court, and she's definitely floating again.

The only thing I see that needs to be done is the painting of NCL logo on the bow, the tarps/covering for the lifeboats, remove the red tape from the port side radar ball thing, and a bit more tape on the spa and kids club.

She looks good! :D

One thing that I don't like like about this ship though, all the railings on the pool deck are of the tall glass variety; the only public area where you can look over and down into the ocean is on the sunning deck above the pool area (which will be packed with people and loungers) and a few spots on the uninviting promenade.

I find it hilarious that NCL altered their logo and font just after Epic had the old ones painted on it (or in the case of the funnel, installed)... why did they do that anyway?

No biggie, most people like the old logos better. ;)

This ship looks WAYYYYYYYYY better, like 10 times better in the photos than the brochures etc. Cant hardly notice the hat, the room we booked is in the middle of the ship, right where the yellow crane ends!

This ship looks WAYYYYYYYYY better, like 10 times better in the photos than the brochures etc. Cant hardly notice the hat, the room we booked is in the middle of the ship, right where the yellow crane ends!

I agree... the renderings don't do her justice. She's not as boxy looking at her from the front. The aft end is even more rounded than the way it was pictured before but still has a box-like overall appearance. Real pictures are making her much more attractive! :D

Archived