New Years Eve Party

Raydar

We are staying on Grand Cayman up by Rum Point. We are looking for something fun to do for New Years Eve 2010. Dinner and dancing with drinks would be something we are looking for. A few years back, we went to Calico Beach for the big bonfire and beach party. It was fun......but we are looking for something a little more upscale. Kaibo is offering a package, but we are still looking. So, my question is for any locals, tour companies, ect who may be able to suggest something. Reply for email me direct, as this isn't really a cruise question, but I use this site for a lot of my travel questions. Thanks!

If you're staying out at Rum Point, the Kaibo is really the only real activity in the area. However, if you want to go there, you need to make reservations virtually immediately...don't wait until you arrive on the island, they'll be completely booked up. (We've had our reservations since early November, since last year we waited and they were full.)

If you don't mind driving, about half an hour away is the Morritt's complex towards East End...they might be having something that night. Otherwise, you'd likely have to drive the hour into Georgetown.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, where at Rum Point are you staying?

We are staying at Sea Lodge Condo on Rum Point Dr.

Well, maybe we will decide on Kiabo. My Husband doesn't drink, so the drive home isn't a problem :) But it's still a long drive home late at night from 7 Mile Beach. Do you know anyone who has done Kiabo for New Years? The price doesn't include drinks.........So we will be spending over $320US for the evening for basically dinner and a glass of Champagne. Seems a bit much, but then again, everything on GC is expensive. We know that from experience, but still love the island.

Anyone else with any ideas??

We've tried to get into the Kaibo the last two years, and been out of luck both times. The first year, we didn't think of making reservations, and last year, we tried for reservations too late. This year, we made them really early so we don't lose out again. We can post after NYE and let you know how it was, but that really doesn't help... :D It looks like a lot of fun from the outside looking in, though...

On a regular night, dinner and a beer or two each at the Kaibo is usually around $200 for three of us, sometimes more, so the NYE prices don't seem that far off the usual. Yup, it's pricey, all right...

I don't know if there's anything going on at the restaurant right at Rum Point...you might check there, although I don't know if they'd be that much less expensive...

Archived