Tell Me of the Freedom (+Food, Forward Cabin, W.Caribbean, Valentines Day questions)

Nicole721

::looks at ticker::

Just booked us another cruise (what can I say? Three of us have the H1N1 flu and we're in the middle of a snowstorm) :p

So naturally, I have a lot of questions that Lord Google hasn't answered. I have the Samantha Brown DVD (which will probably get worn out by the time we set sail) and we've sailed on the Liberty and the Glory, so I assume the ship is generally the same. But we haven't been on a ship other than the Carnival Miracle in over a year-and-a-half, so the Miracle kind of clouds our memories a bit.

-Does the Freedom have a burrito bar? I've heard both yes and no. I'm inclined to think it's a no, but I don't know. Do they have a pasta bar of sorts? On the Glory, they had a small pasta bar. And a stir-fry station? I think I remember that on the Liberty, but not the Glory. One of us eats exclusively on the Lido deck (doesn't care to get dressed up for the dining room, the long meal or the MDR entertainment) and is wondering.

-Afternoon tea? I hear it's in the MDR. How does that work.

-Do they do anything special for Valentines Day?

-I hear there's three big musical numbers (including our personal favorite, Ticket to Ride). Any truth to that?

-Does anyone have any pics or can tell me of the room set-up in the 4J cabins (the forward-most cabins that face forward).

-I'll post this on the Ports of Call board, too, but does anyone have any excursion recommendations? We haven't been to Cozumel since 2005 and we've never been to Panama or Costa Rica.

I have a copy of Capers from July (Lord Google *was* good for something!), but I'd certainly appreciate any more recent ones. And any tips/hints/must sees and dos/any random ship info :) And I promise to pay it forward by writing the World's Longest Carnival Freedom review (and it might eclipse my Miracle reviews in pictures and length :eek: )

Thanks!!!!

Just booked us another cruise (what can I say? Three of us have the H1N1 flu and we're in the middle of a snowstorm) :p

So naturally, I have a lot of questions that Lord Google hasn't answered. I have the Samantha Brown DVD (which will probably get worn out by the time we set sail) and we've sailed on the Liberty and the Glory, so I assume the ship is generally the same. But we haven't been on a ship other than the Carnival Miracle in over a year-and-a-half, so the Miracle kind of clouds our memories a bit.

-Does the Freedom have a burrito bar? No I've heard both yes and no. I'm inclined to think it's a no, but I don't know. Do they have a pasta bar of sorts? No On the Glory, they had a small pasta bar. And a stir-fry station? Yes, the lines are very long though. I think I remember that on the Liberty, but not the Glory. One of us eats exclusively on the Lido deck (doesn't care to get dressed up for the dining room, the long meal or the MDR entertainment) and is wondering.

It is in the main dining room on all four sea days. It was on the second level of the Aft dining room. You go in and they sit you at big tables with other people. Then they bring around the carts like always. I much prefer it on the smaller ships when they have it in a lounge.

-Do they do anything special for Valentines Day? They probably print up a special menu, but I really have no idea (my guess comes from cruising on Christmas and Halloween).

-I hear there's three big musical numbers (including our personal favorite, Ticket to Ride). Any truth to that? I think there was three. I know Ticket To Ride was one and another was the New Orleans show (forgot the name).

-Does anyone have any pics or can tell me of the room set-up in the 4J cabins (the forward-most cabins that face forward). No idea, we had an aft-wrap

-I'll post this on the Ports of Call board, too, but does anyone have any excursion recommendations? We haven't been to Cozumel since 2005 and we've never been to Panama or Costa Rica. I highly recommend Nachi Cocum in Cozumel if you want a great beach day (all inclusive). We used Charlie Soto in CR and he was good. You have some choices in Panama. just book something. There is nothing outside the dock (same as Costa Rica). We did the canal transit.

I have a copy of Capers from July (Lord Google *was* good for something!), but I'd certainly appreciate any more recent ones. And any tips/hints/must sees and dos/any random ship info :) And I promise to pay it forward by writing the World's Longest Carnival Freedom review (and it might eclipse my Miracle reviews in pictures and length :eek: )

Thanks!!!!

Hope this helps a little. I did this route on the Freedom in October.

Sorry to hear that you guys are sick. I also have the H1N1 Crud and have been sick since last month!! I will pray that your Grandmother stays well.

Will look forward to reading your review of the Freedom. Will you be so kind as to email me you PVP info. My email address is mortgage.repair@yahoo.com

Thanks and get well soon.:)

-Does the Freedom have a burrito bar? I've heard both yes and no. I'm inclined to think it's a no, but I don't know.

No...the Freedom didn't have a burrito bar...but it did have a Mexican Station which I tried a couple of times and thought was good. There were only a few choices, but there was never a line when I was there and like I said...I enjoyed it. Try the Tandoor Station (Indian food). I waited until the last day and wished I had found it sooner!

And a stir-fry station? I think I remember that on the Liberty, but not the Glory. One of us eats exclusively on the Lido deck (doesn't care to get dressed up for the dining room, the long meal or the MDR entertainment) and is wondering.

DH loved the Mongolian Grill. I tried it on the day we embarked and it was OK, but after that the lines were too long for me. DH actually stood in line for over 30 minutes one day...to him it was worth it.

I went to this alone and was seated with 3 other women and their daughters. I enjoyed visiting with them, but like tea time better on other ships when it was in a small lounge.

-I hear there's three big musical numbers (including our personal favorite, Ticket to Ride). Any truth to that?

Yes...The Big Easy was on Sunday night (sea day and elegant night) and featured songs from New Orleans. Jump, Jive and Wail was Thursday night (Panama) and Ticket to Ride was Friday (sea day and 2nd elegant night).

I'll post this on the Ports of Call board, too, but does anyone have any excursion recommendations? We haven't been to Cozumel since 2005 and we've never been to Panama or Costa Rica.

We went to Dzul Ha beach on our own to snorkel in Cozumel. In Costa Rica we did a tour with OkeyDokey to the Tortuguero Canal, banana plantation and zip line. In Panama we visited the Panama Canal and the Embera Indian Village with Anne Gordon as our tour guide. You may have already seen my review, but if not there are a lot of photos from our port days. We had a great time in each port!

Thanks!!!!

I will be looking forward to your mega-review!!

Ladies get a carnation- thats it- no special menu

-Does anyone have any pics or can tell me of the room set-up in the 4J cabins (the forward-most cabins that face forward).

I have pictures of a handicapped cabin- from the Liberty- i also have pictures of the outside deck and windows-- interested? it will help if youhave a cabin number.

Thanks!!!!

I would love if you posted your capers when you get back.

The stir fry station is the main reason I booked the Freedom- Loved it on the Liberty- it gets crowded as the week goes on. Most people dont find it til mid week--then look out- wait can be as long as 45 minutes.

Archived