Dream - Cancelling stop in San Juan

Tom-n-Cheryl

So this basically means that the Magic and the yet unamed 3rd Dream class ship will also be unable to dock at San Juan in the future?

Interesting...

No, it means they can't dock at Royal Caribbean's pier in San Juan. Try to read more carefully.

Ultimately the movement of the structure seems like a good idea if the port wishes to be able to get Carnival to bring either the Dream or the Magic back to that particular spot. Apparently there was another port that could have been used but was already taken.

No, please tell us what exactly is a "moderen" cruise ship?

We docked there on Celebrity Solstice last winter. She's pretty new. We've also docked there on RCL's freedom class. I believe the poster was paraphrasing someone else who said SJU wasn't prepared for modern ships, which is just sort of silly.

Ultimately the movement of the structure seems like a good idea if the port wishes to be able to get Carnival to bring either the Dream or the Magic back to that particular spot. Apparently there was another port that could have been used but was already taken.

The USA Today article said they would scrap it as there was no place else to put it. That's a shame and a couple million down the drain. It was crazy hot when we were there and it was nice to have some shade.

Still not sure what you're getting at. :confused:

I think they were referring to this post by Sargent Shultz, who had been saying the pier needed updating (despite the fact that it just was in 2006):

If it had been updated, modern cruise ships wouldn't have an issue with it

Excuse while I correct my mistake. "Modern" as in something that is not in the Carnival fleet.

ROFL!

I can't fathom the insecurity that forces someone to have "cruise line pride". It's good for entertainment though. :D

It's good for entertainment though. :D

Ehhh ... I wouldn't go that far.

Actually kind of pathetic and boring, really. I mean, are people's lives so empty they have to take up a cruise line as their personal cause celebré? I mean, can't they go find something better to booster? High school football? A cancer charity? The New Jersey Nets?

ROFL!

I can't fathom the insecurity that forces someone to have "cruise line pride". It's good for entertainment though. :D

I agree, but that cuts both ways on these boards. If a Carnival captain drove his ship aground on an island, some folks here would be claiming that the Captain did the right thing and the island was in the way. Same thing happens on the RCL, Celebrity, HAL and NCL Boards.

ROFL!

Insecurity? I'm not the one that is preaching financials and predicting the future of something that I know nothing about but you do and it's always negative against Carnies competition. I'm also one that doesn't have my favorite cruise line in my avatar. Try again.;)

As mentioned, San Juan is not a regular port for Dream. It won't be for Oasis, either. RCCL certainly should have known better.

Zydecocruiser, is the Oasis going to be stopping at this pier? In other words what does this thread have to do with the Oasis and the pier in San Juan? Or is this just another example of your brilliance?:rolleyes:

Looking at the ports on the Oasis for current sailings it lists these ports.

Eastern sailings : Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Western Sailings : Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Costa Maya, Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

jc

The 50% to 80% quote is originally from me. I got that from RCCL saying they are intentionally limiting Oasis' occupancy for the first few sailings of the ship. So price isn't affected for that reason, that is why they haven't gone down. I read from people on the ship now that there are 3700+/- passengers onboard out of 5400 dbl - 6300 max occupancy... hence, the 50% to 80%. The pre-inagurals and the Lababee Extravganga were in the same ball park as far as how many passengers they had.

Then you might want to talk to Highland cruiser with their post after mine, where they said the first revenue cruise was 4900 and not 3700.:rolleyes: Plus I am looking at February/March sailings, and I am sure that if they were not selling the space they would start discounting, as they surely will have all of the kinks ironed out by then. Which they surely are not. Like I said, I have been pricing these cruises. Heck I can take a 6 day Independence cruise in late February for $500 with a balcony. That is discounting. It is not happening on the Oasis at this point. Will it in the future, sure, when something else newer and greater appears.

jc

I agree, but that cuts both ways on these boards. If a Carnival captain drove his ship aground on an island, some folks here would be claiming that the Captain did the right thing and the island was in the way. Same thing happens on the RCL, Celebrity, HAL and NCL Boards.

ROFLMAO!!! Why can't people see this:confused: Truly amazing........

Archived