Royal Princess to be transferred to P&O

terrierjohn

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=64662

Published on: December 10, 2009 - One of the small ships of Princess Cruises, the 710-passenger Royal Princess, will depart the line’s fleet in spring 2011, transferring to sister company P&O Cruises in the U.K. The ship will be renamed Adonia. As a result, five sailings in April and May 2011 will be cancelled, and instead a 26-day “South Pacific and Andes Explorer” cruise will be offered prior to the transfer. The ship’s 2010 cruise program includes sailings to the Amazon, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Alaska, Hawaii and French Polynesia. With the transfer of Royal Princess there will be one less Princess ship in Alaska for the 2011 season, though full details are not yet available. During summer 2010, the ship will sail on 14-day roundtrip “Connoisseur” cruises from Seattle to Alaska.

The cruises being cancelled are 10-day “Tahiti & Polynesia” departing April 6 and April 16, 2011; 12-day “Hawaii & Tahiti” departing ?April 26, 2011; 10-day “Hawaiian Islands” departing May 8, 2011; and a one-day coastal departing May 18, 2011. The new 26-day cruise will depart April 6, 2011, and sail from Papeete, Tahiti, to Fort Lauderdale. Ports of call will include Bora Bora, Moorea, Pitcairn Island (for scenic cruising), Easter Island, Pisco (San Martin), Lima (Callao for Machu Picchu overland excursion), Quito (Manta), Panama Canal transit, San Blas Islands and Limón. Fares begin at $4,145 per person, double occupancy. The ship will then go into a dry-dock in the Bahamas to change its livery prior to joining the P&O Cruises fleet in May 2011. Royal Princess joined the Princess fleet in 2007, having originally been built in 2001.

The Mysterious Lorraine is a wonderful lady who, as you have read, lives aboard the Royal Princess most of the year. She is elegant and charming and attends the Captain's Parties always most sheik and coiffured. When you enter a bar aboard the Royal you might find a Champaign bucket nestled beside a lounge chair or sofa and there may be two glasses on the table. No one is sitting there at the moment and perhaps your thoughts are that the couple are on the dance floor. However, this suttle set-up signifies that this location is reserved for Lorraine and company. She may or she may not attend that evening but when she so decides, her table is waiting. Similar conditions are noted about the ship.

Lorraine Arzt and her DH (now deceased) owned the land in Valencia and she sold it to Princess to build the 5 Corporate buildings at Town Center.

Her home is in Beverly Hills.

;);):D;);)

Lorraine Arzt and her DH (now deceased) owned the land in Valencia and she sold it to Princess to build the 5 Corporate buildings at Town Center.

Her home is in Beverly Hills.

;);):D;);)

I thought that was just an old rumor and wasn't actually true? Hummmmmm

I sooooooooooooo agree with that statement. The Sun Class ships were always our favorite.

Thanks, I'm glad someone agrees, I love those Sun Class ships too and would love to have one back on the east coast doing cruises for North Americans again.:)

I would be pro-active and would be looking for another cruise before Princess notifies the TAs and you are competing for cabins with everyone else who is cancelled.

Yes - it is their policy to refund everything. I would be hesitant to "have your agent cancel the cancelled cruise" just in case Princess provides an incentive to switch to another sailing. Sometimes they do and sometimes they do not. This far out, if they do it, it won't be significant but only those who have not cancelled will be eligible for it. So keep your current booking until Princess notifies your agent.

I phoned Princess UK and they didn't know the cruise had been cancelled. They had to go to the Princess.com website to confirm what I told them. Unbelievable! They will be having meetings to discuss what they are going to do about the cancelled passengers but we will probably not be notified until the new year. I asked if I would definitely get my deposit back and I was told cannot confirm that at the moment. I think by the new year our options will be extremely limited to say the least. We can't even use our FCC on another cruise in the meantime.

The Pacific and the Tahitian/cean are nearly adults only. We have been on 5 cruises on te two this year and I don't think there were more than 20 kids total.

We have sailed the Tahitian and Royal and love them.

Their itineraries are more suited for adults, traveling to farther away and smaller ports......which is way we love them.

My friend at Princess sez that the Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess will remain with Princess... at least for the next few years. ;) And yes, the lack of mini-suites is why they decided to transfer the Royal...

Before the Royal became a Princess ship wasn't it the P&O ship Minerva?

Sorry to hear this. Just got back from a 12 day on the Royal. First time on such a small ship and I enjoyed it. Found the balcony room to be quite adequate in size for the 2 of us. First time with an aft balcony. It was quite large.

Archived