Q re alcohol

chardygirl

Must stop reading policies - We can deny boarding or disembark any person in possession of any weapons or illicit substances. :mad:

Does anyone know if this has actually happened to anyone and do you think they would do this for one cask of wine ??????

Just been looking at other postings on a different site and must say i am surprised no one has jumped on the moral high ground with this question as has happened on other sites (probably american though :o)

Not sure i posted this on here so sorry if repeating but just found a suggestion to use the catheter bag - has anyone else tried this ? may be safer than in luggage AND is it true that p&o read these forums ?????? :eek:

Jann (not real name) :D

as you go through the 'DINGER' and look into the machine!

I might give this one a try myself lol.

what is a dinger ????????

Den

the 'Dinger" is a machine you look into and put your cruise card into!

It takes a pic and confirms to security that the person boarding is the same as the one on the cruise card who as disembarked,and the one who is supposed to be on this cruise.

I suppose it stops stowaways and also gives an account of who left the ship and who has not returned.

People do actually miss the boat in ports and get left behind.

If somebody did miss the sailing a friend or family member could cry "Man overboard" if they couldn't find them later on!

This happens at every port when you get back on,and the machine goes"Ding" Could be "Dong" cant remember? but Dinger sound better than "Donger"lol:D

Den

lol! Port of call "Booze run"

when you get to a port take ashore a pair of silly jogging shorts, you know those ones with the wide high cut legs,a pair of cheap Dunlop jogging shoes and a peak, not a hat just a peak!

When you re-board with your water bottle full to the top with Vodka, jog on the spot looking at a pretend stopwatch on your wrist as you go through the 'DINGER' and look into the machine!

I might give this one a try myself lol.

Den

Haha thats hysterical. Maybe even go for the ipod strapped to the arm with some really loud `doof doof` music ;)

Um...here is the simple truth

The real restrictions on what you can take on board is What You Can Carry

I have been on a number of Princess Cruises and from my experience the need to disguise or cover up is unnecessary.

In Melbourne (twice) we obtained supplies at the little all purpose shop at the end of the pier. We bought some cask wine and a carton of bubbles. Our limitation was only what I could manage in carting it all along the pier and on board. The security guys had absolutely no problems.

I tell a story about Cooktown however

Visting on Sun Princess earlier this year I sought some supplies from the local bottle shop - only one in town.

A cask of reasonable red and a couple of bottles of bubbles I could handle - we were tendering from the ship to port.

But be warned...in Cooktown they cannot sell cask wine before 6.00pm - its a local law. Despite my protestations that I was a white fella, and that I was visiting off the ship, the staff told me that they could not discriminate. I had to buy 2 bottles of red instead which together with the 2 bottles of bubbles was all I could handle getting back on board

Cooktown is no longer a regular stop for Princess ships.

so don't be put off by the so called rules. Its all a matter of practicality. If you lob up with a slab of XXXX and a slab of Bundy cans you might have a problem - mainly because you will have a an issue in actualy handling them.

If you can carry your supplies you will be ok :)

cheers

Archived