Question about Princess Cruises Air Fare Fall 2009

PSR

We have a cruise scheduled for October 2010 from Venice to Ft . Lauderdale. We need air from the west coast and back; Princess offers air for $1159pp, but that price is not guaranteed. I am interested in finding out what others have paid (if you can remember) for the Princess air this LAST fall.

I know that most people do not use the cruise air, but the $1159 for both directions from the west seems pretty good. I also know that connections might be bad with the Princess air, so if the actual fare is alot more than $1159pp, I would be encouraged to book my own air with the connections/airline I prefer.

Thank you for any information,

Penny

Penny, What was paid this fall could have absolutely nothing to do with what is paid next fall with fuel prices so up and down anymore. IMHO- Best to hang on to your Princess air, and keep searching yourself for privately booked airfare with the connections you want. You have until final payment to cancel Princess air if you find something less expensive and more to your liking, and by then, you will know if the price went up or not. Otherwise, if you really want to go with Princess air, pay the deviation fee so you have a bit of control over the flights you will be assigned. Good Luck!

You do not say where in California you live, but it should be possible to fly one way from FLL to Los Angeles or San Francisco for less than $200 per person using Southwest Airlines once their schedule opens up for the time you need.

So you need to find out if you can get a one way from California to Venice for less than $959 per person.

There are several web sites that specialize in one way discount airfare, so seek them out and compare.

Archived