Conquest debarkation

jgmpuma

When we booked our Conquest cruise we had no idea that our beloved (and now 12-0) Saints might be in the big one on February 7, the day we return on the Conquest. We want to make sure that we get beck to New Orleans in time for the kickoff.

The way my wife packs, self-debarkation is out of the question.

Any tips/suggestions on how to debark as quickly as possible? We will be driving home.

Well we will help you out by staying out of your way! :p Becuase there isn't a chance that hubby's team will make it! We will be leaving the Conquest that day too! When we planned it and everything Super-Bowl didn't even cross my mind..then as I REALLY looked at the dates we would be gone i'm was like oh when is this? and when is that? Really...oh well I guess we will miss those....then it was when is Super-Bowl.....really...well I guess we will be "flying" home to see the game! LOL We usually always have a party even if it isn't our favorite teams....but I guess no party thsi year!

We are also on this same cruise. On our previous 3 Conquest cruises, they do Self Assist first until around 8am. Then they start with Decks 11 and 1, then around 30 minutes later, they call decks 10 and 2, 30 minutes later deck 9, deck 8, deck 7 and deck 6 last in 30 minute increments ending around 10:30. We've been on deck 6 twice.

One other thing to consider is end of January-beginning of February is "Fog Season" in Galveston and we could be late getting in on the 7th.

I don't even want to think about fog, or any other demons that could slow us down.

Do they enforce the group numbers on debarkation? Normally, we just hang around and get off with the last group, being in no particular hurry to leave.

I'm sure it's OK to stay after your deck number is called, however, they bring the luggage out in sets, so if you go before your deck is called, chances are your luggage will not be waiting. A

Also, we found that using a porter gets you through customs faster. I didn't believe it at first, so refused the porter, but we've used them the last few times and get to go to the shortest customs line.

If self disembark is out of the question, and given that we know you are going to drive the speed limit going home :rolleyes: , then you may be cutting it

close.

You could always indulge yourself with a night in Galveston then have a leisurely drive home Monday.

Geaux, Saints! I live in central LA now, but was raised in Metry.

Archived