Almost there... :D

QTMichele

Our Freedom cruise is just over three weeks away - I am extremely excited!!! :D Over the weekend I was able to get our cabins upgraded - one standard (D2) balcony upgraded to a Junior Suite, and two inside (L) cabins to FOUR connecting (2 sets of connecting) promenade cabins (there will be 5 people in the inside cabins - should have quite a bit of room!). This has added to my excitement and anticipation. :)

Now that I'm getting so close, I'm really ready for some last minute advice, packing suggestions, suggestions in general, and/or just your positive comments. :)

It looks like my DH will be out of this cruise - just can't swing it with work obligations :( . I will have our three kids with us though - DD will turn 10 on the cruise, DD 6 and DS 14 months. My parents and siblings will be there as well - no way I'd cruise without at least one other adult! 3 kids to 1 adult aren't odds I want to bet on! LOL

Okay, I'm ready for your comments... bring 'em on! :D

Pack as lite as possible but don't plan on buying necessities while cruising. I even bring bandages and neosporin on the go and this water foam cleanser because you will be off the ship when one of the kids fall and skin their knee. (OK so I was prepared for my son to do that in Disney and it was me who fell and skinned my knee at the Haunted Mansion :rolleyes:). If you use diapers analyze how many you need for the number of days of your cruise and then bring a bit extra. Nothing worse then packing up half the diapers you brought at the end of your cruise. For the little one bring one extra change of clothes if you need more then use the ships laundry (I've yet to have to do that). I'd say limit kids toys as they really don't need many and it just takes up room.

Most importantly pack some mommy grown up time. Send the older one's to camp carnival and have a family member watch the little one and just do grown up things for a little bit every day.

Any ship specific questions I can find out for you please post as I will be sailing on Freedom Sunday.

Have a good time.

You will LOVE the JS...lots of room, and a tub! Plus, that walk-in closet with lots of storage...no need for the "under the bed" machinations!

FOS doesn't have self-service laundries...have the kid's wear stuff more than once...it's ok--everyone does it!

Just have a great time! Sorry your hubby won't be there to share the fun!

FOS doesn't have self-service laundries...have the kid's wear stuff more than once...it's ok--everyone does it!

:D You haven't met my son have you? He can't wear things more the once. Get's way to messy when he eats as I assume her 14mos old might. I really need to get my 10 cruises in on carnival for that free wash and fold service don't I? lol

Have a great time Michele! You got some awesome upgrades there!!!! Take lots of pics and we want to hear all about it when you get back!

And have some cookies from the Cafe Promenade for me, ok? :D

Thanks, Michele. I'll take lots of pictures. In fact, I have a scavenger hunt planned for my family. I have a list of things they need to find and take pictures of around the ship. Should be interesting to see the outcome. ;) I'll make certain I eat a cookie (or four or five...) for you. I must report on the quality of the food, mustn't I? It's a tough job, but someone must do it. :D

Pack as lite as possible but don't plan on buying necessities while cruising. I even bring bandages and neosporin on the go and this water foam cleanser because you will be off the ship when one of the kids fall and skin their knee. (OK so I was prepared for my son to do that in Disney and it was me who fell and skinned my knee at the Haunted Mansion :rolleyes:). If you use diapers analyze how many you need for the number of days of your cruise and then bring a bit extra. Nothing worse then packing up half the diapers you brought at the end of your cruise. For the little one bring one extra change of clothes if you need more then use the ships laundry (I've yet to have to do that). I'd say limit kids toys as they really don't need many and it just takes up room.

Most importantly pack some mommy grown up time. Send the older one's to camp carnival and have a family member watch the little one and just do grown up things for a little bit every day.

Any ship specific questions I can find out for you please post as I will be sailing on Freedom Sunday.

Have a good time.

Pack as little as possible?! LOL You should see my list!!! I overpacked when DH and I went on the Mariner - we had 4 suitcases, a garment bag, a back pack and a toilety bag. It worked out great for just the two of us, but it also made me realize that bringing kids with us (or me, in this case) wouldn't allow for such packing. I'll keep it to a minimum (by my standards - probably not truly minimizing though! lol), but I'm not too concerned now that we have the extra cabin space.

Thanks for the Neosporin tip - must add that to my list. :) I do have bandaids though - LOTS of them! My little auburn haired, middle child is quite the spirited one. She lands herself in all kinds of messes. ;)

I plan on using the ship's laundry - it worked out fabulously on our last cruise. Plan on sending some of it out for pressing as well - that takes so much stress off of me. Who wants to spend the time steaming clothes when little ones are running wild on you? Plus, it's my vacation and I have LOTS of OBC!!! LOL

Have a wonderful cruise! If you participate in any of the "new" toddler programs, please send me your thoughts on that. Or, if they have "advertising" for them, then I'd love if you could share that with me. I need to do a search on these as I know there was a good thread a while back...

You will LOVE the JS...lots of room, and a tub! Plus, that walk-in closet with lots of storage...no need for the "under the bed" machinations!

Just have a great time! Sorry your hubby won't be there to share the fun!

I'm sure I will love the JS! It's my parent's stateroom on this trip though. I'll be spending my time in the PR cabins. It should be interesting! Never thought I'd try an inside, but there is a first for everything. My siblings have the 2 adjoining cabins next to my 2 adjoining cabins - I'm excited about that.

Thanks for the laundry tips. I'm aware RCCL doesn't have self service laundry and I'm glad they don't! If they did, I may be tempted to do my own laundry. Sorry, but this is my vacation and I'm going to pay someone else to do it for me. LOL

Hubby and I plan on going on the Oasis in 2011... we'll create our own memories then. Cannot wait!

Archived