Can a 15 year old use the gym?

Jamrenjer

Sorry for another question! You all have been great! I am sure if I spent more time looking I would find the answer... just in a hurry.... I believe the age was 16-- but just checking if anyone knows for sure-- or your experiences.:) Thank you in advance!

Sorry for another question! You all have been great! I am sure if I spent more time looking I would find the answer... just in a hurry.... I believe the age was 16-- but just checking if anyone knows for sure-- or your experiences.:) Thank you in advance!

I think you have to be accompanied by an adult if you're under 16. But if your son(?) looks older and knows how to use the equipment without doing the show off stuff, they probably won't say anything. And the worst will be they'll tell him to leave. Treadmills and stairmasters get busy early, but are less used later in the day. Weight machines and dumbbells are usually available, just don't bogart the machines, do your set and if others are waiting move on and come back later for the next set.

I don't know why you ask, but there are always exceptions. When my D was 11, she was in training (pre-Olympic sports), had a note from her hometown gym, and her physician, noting that she was in training and thus Carnival (the Elation) granted her access to the gym and its facilities. She knows and understands gym etiquette (as described above) and no one ever made an issue. I heartily believe its all in the way one conducts themselves...that said, I would agree with the post above, follow gym etiquette at all times, and your S should be fine.

Archived