Booking a future cruise while aboard?

tombo

What incentives does Regent offer for passengers to book future cruises while on board? Is it a fixed $ discount per person or per cabin? Is it a percentage discount? Do they use your travel agent or is it considered a direct booking? Do you still get the same benefits of paying with certain credit cards? If you've already made a future booking but not paid yet, will they still give you credit?

I've never visited with the agent on board, mainly because they always seem to be meeting with other passengers. I would like to get some advice on what to expect.

We have done this several times. We got 5% off (in addition to Seven Seas Soc. discount) per person. We were able to tell them which travel agent we use and then she picked up the booking. we used a mastercard which was charged for the deposit at the end of the voyage.

I have heard that sometimes it is possible to get the "onboard" discount by booking immediately on your return with your agent. But you would have to ask your agent about this!

... after a 2 week disembarkation.

If it took that long to get off the ship, I'd ask for more than a discount!

On topic, however, I booked about two weeks after our last cruise and got the discount in cabin credits from Regent (after only minimal whining).

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, if you have a cruise already booked with RSSC coming up, you can even get the on-board booking discount as long as you haven't made the final payment yet. I know because someone I met aboard a Regent cruise told me; I went down to the cruise consultant, and sure enough he gave me the 5% on-board discount for my upcoming cruise. He did try to convince me to book yet another cruise, but if that is the worst thing you have to put up with then life isn't so bad.

Archived