Navigator Review -- Dec. 5

Cruise Director -- The guy in charge was Simeon Bakker. This was somehow appropriate since Simeon means To Be Heard, a name that fits with his rather rambling announcements, his painful jokes and his constant Austin Powers impressions that ceased being funny roughly a decade ago. That said, he seemed like a decent enough chap. All in all, I considered him much like a potato alongside your steak. Didn't make the meal great, but didn't ruin it either.

Finally (I can't believe it forgot this earlier) ...

I agree. Austin Powers gotta go!!!

i was on the cruise the week ahead of your and i totally agree with your assessment of the Cruise Director. overbearing out-of-date jokes and couldn't understand a word he said on the loudspeakers.

for the ice show - i went. it was fab. i went by myself as i was the only one in my group who wanted to go. i had a theory that as a lone person, i could get a good seat by showing up a couple of minutes before the start of the show and sitting in one of the odd open seats that are always open because people don't like sitting so close to strangers if it can be helped. My logic totally worked and i was able to get a front row seat with the suite people. i guess they stopped checking seapasses so close to show time.

:D Laughing hysterically... beautiful man, beautiful. I agree with the ice show comment, we're in Pittsburgh. It's been 20 degrees with ice and will continue with that trend for months, we can skip the ice show!

I really liked the ice show and it's only an hour out of your cruise. I also went ice skating which was a lot of fun. How often do get to go ice skating on a boat? As far as the ice show goes, it was the best show on the cruise. At one point it actually snows in the ice arena!

Just off yesterday. Simeon did dress up as Austin Powers for the 70's night. He did try to get a group of women interested in belly-flopping on Day 4. There were no takers, but that would have been different.

The pool band was good and there was variety. Again, after a number of cruises, little differences are appreciated. Like the OP said, I did not miss hearing Red, Red Wine the usual number of times.

I thought that the ice show was very good. As part of the Diamonds in December promo, there was a special session on Day 4 where we got to ask the cast questions. It was more fun (to me) watching them perform after sort of getting to know them. I went to the final performance on Day 4. I was told that people were turned away from the first one on Day 2.

I did self early Disembarking. I did not have a problem I was off the ship by 6:50 and at FLL by 8am using SAS trans. I also switched my flight to an earlier one. It all worked out great. Fll was quiet but this was a thursday. On saturdays it will be a zoo at the airport.

Hi - we are using SAS Transporation also. They said they will explain the pick up process on our way to Miami pre-cruise. Do they have a set time and place on where to pick you up when the ship returns?

Hi - we are using SAS Transporation also. They said they will explain the pick up process on our way to Miami pre-cruise. Do they have a set time and place on where to pick you up when the ship returns?

Where they drop you off, will be the same pickup spot. They ask you to call them before you depart the ship and call them when you get past customs. He did drive around the port once waiting for others to call but by the time he made it fully around anothere SAS van was at the port and then he took us to the airport.

Where they drop you off, will be the same pickup spot. They ask you to call them before you depart the ship and call them when you get past customs. He did drive around the port once waiting for others to call but by the time he made it fully around anothere SAS van was at the port and then he took us to the airport.

Thanks for the info!

Daniel - I'll add my "LOVE the review!" too!!

Hands down T H E funniest and BEST review I have EVER read! I am crying from laughing so hard and my side hurts.........I am going to see Navigator in a whole new light when we sail for New Years...... Thanks to your review.........I'll be strolling around laughing my **** off.

Thank you so much for sharing......Hope someday our cruising paths will cross.

Thanks for the laughs;)

Happy sailing!

terrific reading all the reviews and comments! We are coming onboard NOS in January for the 4-day cruise.

Does anyone know which night would be formal night? If I was told right, formal night is only one night. We too are planning, for the first time, to skip formal night and head to a speciality restaurant with reservations. I remember our last cruise that even though they 'say' the restaurants follow the main dining room dress suggestion, both invitation AND Compass said "smart casual" on formal night for Chops & Portofino. I felt way overdressed from looking around too.

Thanks in advance! :)

terrific reading all the reviews and comments! We are coming onboard NOS in January for the 4-day cruise.

Does anyone know which night would be formal night? If I was told right, formal night is only one night. We too are planning, for the first time, to skip formal night and head to a speciality restaurant with reservations. I remember our last cruise that even though they 'say' the restaurants follow the main dining room dress suggestion, both invitation AND Compass said "smart casual" on formal night for Chops & Portofino. I felt way overdressed from looking around too.

Thanks in advance! :)

Lotus, I don't know who "they" are, but it is clearly published everywhere that there is information posted about the specialty restaurants that the dress there is SMART CASUAL.

Great review! We were just on the 12/10 cruise.

To add, Simeon seemed nice but my fiance could not stand him & his need to sing almost everything! I did agree that his morning show was very painful to watch.

And about debarkation...when we got there at 10:30 for our embarkation we saw your group still getting off the ship, but for us, it was the fastest ever! I couldn't believe how quick, so I guess it just depends.

There were no smells on deck 8 mid-ship, but I did think the water got funky the last sea day. We stuck to getting water at the promenade cafe.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a thoroughly amazing review!!! We just disembarked the Jan 2 five-day, where we played through the mini golf course immediately post-monsoon in Jamaica, and had to use pitching wedges to get through the "water hazards" created by the wrinkled turf. It could sorely use a refurb, but man, is it fun!

Oh My GODDDD !!! Your post is hilarious and I truly think it's the most comical one I've ever read! I had my husband read it as well and we each had many good laughs over it, especially the toilet issues hee hee. We're going to Belize and Cozumel on the Navigator in February and can hardly wait.

Archived