Gift for diamond+ members

Janice M

We got the Crystal Of The Grandeur on our 35th cruise (credit) just two weeks ago. The LA, Collett, sent it to our room after a snafu that occured while on-board, as a way to say I'm sorry. Exceptionally nice gesture on her part, in my opinion. On our 30th cruise it was the Crystal Of The Independence. We asked about it at the LA's desk as advised to do by several CCers. I have talked to many who did not get theirs because they either did not know about them or expected it to show up in their room on their x0 cruise.

We have planned our 40th to be on the Oasis and have asked several LAs if the crystals will be available on future cruises and all have said "yes".

This is the first I have heard about the 50+ to reach D+, but I would't be surprised - rumors usually come true when talking about changes (for the worse) in RC's programs. Oops, Just ignore the fine print!

I had to inquire about my Crystal block as well. Tough the LA had my cruise history correct somehow it was overseen that I was in a Suite on that given cruise earning me a second cruise credit for the sailing and thus making it my 30th CC.

No big deal, other than that Crystal block is heavy :eek: and I had to get it somehow packed.

We've always gotten our first DP amenity on the first day. Now that we get 3 (you get 2 after 49 credits and 3 after 75), they are spread out over the course of the cruise.

That is interesting, the person I just spoke to yesterday (we have 51 cruises) told me that I can only choose one amenity, but after 49 cruises you have a upgraded amenity list to choose from but still only one. Maybe I should call back and speak to someone else since each person you speak to gives you a different answer!

.... I just called and she told me that the 2nd, 3rd etc. amenities are only for 7+ night cruises. Otherwise Nada on the additional amenities besides the first! The cruise I have is a 6 night, darn, one day short!

That is interesting, the person I just spoke to yesterday (we have 51 cruises) told me that I can only choose one amenity, but after 49 cruises you have a upgraded amenity list to choose from but still only one. Maybe I should call back and speak to someone else since each person you speak to gives you a different answer!

Sounds like it's time that you educate the C&A rep. :rolleyes: Jean is correct. You do receive 2 amenities after you have reached 49 cruise credits and 3 after 75.

On our 11/30th cruise, since we are over 50 credits, we received a bottle of wine that was waiting for us in our cabin and then I selected the beach towel which was delivered midway through the cruise.

Sounds like it's time that you educate the C&A rep. :rolleyes: Jean is correct. You do receive 2 amenities after you have reached 49 cruise credits and 3 after 75.

On our 11/30th cruise, since we are over 50 credits, we received a bottle of wine that was waiting for us in our cabin and then I selected the beach towel which was delivered midway through the cruise.

Can you confirm they are correct in telling me it's only for 7+ night cruises? I don't believe anything they tell me anymore.;)

Can you confirm they are correct in telling me it's only for 7+ night cruises? I don't believe anything they tell me anymore.;)

Now that's a good question and since we don't take cruises shorter than 7 days, I can't give you an honest answer.:o

Not to worry, somebody will be by with the answer.

Now that's a good question and since we don't take cruises shorter than 7 days, I can't give you an honest answer.:o

Not to worry, somebody will be by with the answer.

I can answer that...yes,its for longer cruises.......dont get 2 on all those 3 and 4 nighters I took;););) ..not sure exactly what the cutoff is though..........wonder if you get 2 on a 5 nighter??

I can answer that...yes,its for longer cruises.......dont get 2 on all those 3 and 4 nighters I took;););) ..not sure exactly what the cutoff is though..........wonder if you get 2 on a 5 nighter??

Go back and look at my post #31 since I edited it after the initial post because I called C&A back to ask and then posted their response. They had told me that it was only for 7+ night cruises and it was not good for my 6 night, so I didn't know if anyone else could confirm that.

YES MA'AM(or SIR);)

thanks for the info......I didnt read that far back......:o

I know, I didn't mean anything negative about my comment about going back to my previous post.:D I only mentioned it because I don't think anybody goes back and re-reads posts, and since I was able to edit it before the time expired I figured that nobody even knew the extra response I typed in.:)

Will be interesting to see if and when RCI does change the current program. One change that I would like to see is making everyone's C&A level based upon their own cruise history and not just because they live at the same address.

We agree! I think they should also discontinue the practice of splitting couples to get discounts on two rooms and then changing assignments once onboard.

###

Good for you...that means you're going to the century mark. We have friends on that level, you may have met them. We just got off Jewel and made 38, want to get to 50 just in case the program changes again, and of course, when we get to 40, we get the nifty glass etched ship thingy!

Enjoy your 'FREE' cruise! ) I think you've earned it....

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah...may we all be well in 2010 and beyond.

Any news about them changing again? We have 23 credits, with one more needed for Diamond + and don't know if it will change before or next cruise in late April.

Archived