Chef's Table - Any solo travelers participated?

lovevacadays

I will be sailing on the Sapphire next month and will be going alone. What do you think my chances would be of getting selected? It seems like there are twelve spots and I'm wondering if they typically just choose couples or folks traveling together?

Anyone travel solo and done the Chef's Table?

I will be sailing on the Sapphire next month and will be going alone. What do you think my chances would be of getting selected? It seems like there are twelve spots and I'm wondering if they typically just choose couples or folks traveling together?

Anyone travel solo and done the Chef's Table?

Yes, they do accept solo travelers.

I'm still not sure how this happened, but we were on Sea Princess last month & the head waiter came to our table and invited us all to Chef's table. We all paid our $75 pp right then & it was scheduled for several nights later. I was under the impression that you had to enter a type of lottery & be chosen.?? It was wonderful, but still confused. We asked the head waiter & he told us it was because we all seemed to be having such a good time...and we were:). My husband & I were also chosen to go on a tour of the bridge with 6 other couples...great, but still not sure how we made the group! Great time!! Anyone else had this happen?

Jan in Mi

thanks for the replies and glad to hear some solo travelers participated. I'll sign up as soon as I board. I live close to the port so will try and get on the ship as soon as possible as I like to start vacationing as soon as possible!

Colo you mentioned to let the MD know I was interested in the Chef's Table. Is the MD the peson who picks the participants?

thanks for the replies and glad to hear some solo travelers participated. I'll sign up as soon as I board. I live close to the port so will try and get on the ship as soon as possible as I like to start vacationing as soon as possible!

Colo you mentioned to let the MD know I was interested in the Chef's Table. Is the MD the peson who picks the participants?

Yes the Maitre'D is the head honcho for dining in general and he makes the picks.

Archived