Dream was no dream

tc71

First, ship is beautiful, minor problem with getting stuck in the elevators,

Worst curise I ever taken.

Did not get assigned diner time, had to eat in the Buffet, can't eat at 900 with kids.

Buffet had no varriety, food was warm if not cold, missed labeled and no one spoke English behind the lines. (Always had to ask for milk for the kids. Design of Servery sucked, and stop putting dishes on the tray slide, ( making you pick up your tray and go around.) Seating area was cold. with no music.

Buss people should wipe the table with a clean cloth after someone leaves, not a used napkin.

Ice cream was ice milk

Pizza bar 24/7 hours was only manned by one person, and never had pizza rady.

Needs a bigger Pool.

Did not get assigned diner time, had to eat in the Buffet, can't eat at 900 with kids.

Buffet had no varriety, food was warm if not cold, missed labeled and no one spoke English behind the lines. (Always had to ask for milk for the kids. Design of Servery sucked, and stop putting dishes on the tray slide, ( making you pick up your tray and go around.) Seating area was cold. with no music.

Buss people should wipe the table with a clean cloth after someone leaves, not a used napkin.

Ice cream was ice milk

Needs a bigger Pool.

Wow...were you not aware that most of the people who work on cruise ships are from other countries? How many cruises have you BEEN on? And yet you didn't know that? :rolleyes: Seating area was COLD? What does that mean? Well, sorry you didn't like your cruise...i get on the dream in about 11 months, and I can assure you that I WILL have a good time...:rolleyes:

Did not get assigned diner time, had to eat in the Buffet, can't eat at 900 with kids. But you had time to count them?

Buffet had no varriety, food was warm if not cold, missed labeled and no one spoke English behind the lines. Did you speak their language?

(Always had to ask for milk for the kids. All 900 of them?

Design of Servery sucked, and stop putting dishes on the tray slide, ( making you pick up your tray and go around.) Seating area was cold. with no music.

Ice cream was ice milk Pizza bar 24/7 hours was only manned by one person, and never had pizza rady.

Needs a bigger Pool.

Pretty much the same thing you said on the other thread you started.

Needs a bigger Pool.

What a bummer you didn't enjoy your vacation. Late seating is at 8:15, not 9:00, and we do eat at time with our kids. Did you talk to the Maitre D to see if there was any room on early seating? Or did you try to switch to Your Time seating?

Did you try just one pool? I thought the Dream has at least 3 pools.

Maybe you will do better on another cruiseline or perhaps cruising is not for you.

I think one person manning the pizza is standard. At times there was a long line on my ship too. I also had to wait for pizza, but that meant it was piping hot out of the oven, so I sure didnt mind.

milk is not standard except for breakfast, so yes you have to ask for it for your kids on all Carnival ships. (was this your first Carnival cruise?)

Seems like small complaints, so Im assuming you still had a good time?

Wow...were you not aware that most of the people who work on cruise ships are from other countries? How many cruises have you BEEN on? And yet you didn't know that? :rolleyes: Seating area was COLD? What does that mean? Well, sorry you didn't like your cruise...i get on the dream in about 11 months, and I can assure you that I WILL have a good time...:rolleyes:

Seems like Carnival is having one hell of a time getting this ship in order..and even tougher bringing her up to par. The one consistent complaint is the crowds..Carnival has dramatically increased the passenger ratio but have nominally increased the size of the ships when compared to their maximum loads. I am not impressed with what I have seen..CCL consistently puts profit ahead of comfort and now they're paying a big price.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
What a bummer you didn't enjoy your vacation. Late seating is at 8:15, not 9:00, and we do eat at time with our kids. Did you talk to the Maitre D to see if there was any room on early seating? Or did you try to switch to Your Time seating?

Did you try just one pool? I thought the Dream has at least 3 pools.

Maybe you will do better on another cruiseline or perhaps cruising is not for you.

I don't consider the pool in the spa area a pool. The Dream only has two outside pools, one for families and one for adults. I posted a question on the other Dream review, and it seems that once the weather is warm and there are families on board, this one and only family pool IS going to be a problem!

Ice cream was ice milk

Needs a bigger Pool.

Since you said worse cruise you have ever taken then you have cruised before right? Some of the things you wrote in your very complaints are somethings that if you had a problem you needed to talk to someone while onboard. Sounds like you just went along and didn't say anything.

Why did you not get your assigned dinner time? Was it actually assigned or just what you requested?

As we have been reading on this site ccl service has gone down and if it is a problem on the smaller ships it will just get worse on the larger ship they need to try better training or somthing they realy dont need the bad publicity. Like i said after 14 cruises on ccl was not happy with customer service and have tried other lines and had better service if customer is happy with response when there is a problem then they have no reason to even try another company. A happy customer is a loyal customer with no reason to look elswhere. Ccl is a good company they just seem to have dropped the ball on customer service which is what brings repeat bussiness.:D

Your kids could have gone to the "Dinner with Friends" provided by Camp Carnival every night at 6 upstairs from the Gathering. Then they would have been entertained and having fun gratis until 10pm, while you enjoyed a leisurely late-seating dinner. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the fascination with the pizza on the ship....it is not all that good

It is free and there 24/7. My boys were thrilled. I'd rather they put a few more sushi stations around- I've seen the line some 30 or more deep. And slooooooow.

Always make me chuckle when people seem angry when someone says they didn't think much of a cruise and proclaim that they are going on the same ship at some future time and they WILL have a wonderful time. Is this just another expression of a bad day sailing beats a good day at work? I have enjoyed my cruises to date, but I can imagine a bad cruise. Or are you supposed to love a cruise whatever happens.

Wow! One post would have been enough but 2 is pushing it! I am getting Married on the Dream next Saturday and it will be an amazing cruise. Every vacation is what you make of it.

I am sure the Maitre D would have bent over backwards to accommodate your dining. He is the best Carnival has.

It seems your other complaints are just minor issues that you have allowed to ruin your vacation. That is your fault.

It is free and there 24/7. My boys were thrilled. I'd rather they put a few more sushi stations around- I've seen the line some 30 or more deep. And slooooooow.

Always make me chuckle when people seem angry when someone says they didn't think much of a cruise and proclaim that they are going on the same ship at some future time and they WILL have a wonderful time. Is this just another expression of a bad day sailing beats a good day at work? I have enjoyed my cruises to date, but I can imagine a bad cruise. Or are you supposed to love a cruise whatever happens.

Well....it sounds about right to me;)

On my first cruise on the conquest my wife and I had the worse dining mates at our table for 6 days and wife and I still had one of the best vacations. Heck, i even had difficult time sleeping in cabin because it was soo hot and would do it all again. But then again, i'm a CRAZIE.:D

As we have been reading on this site ccl service has gone down and if it is a problem on the smaller ships it will just get worse on the larger ship they need to try better training or somthing they realy dont need the bad publicity. Like i said after 14 cruises on ccl was not happy with customer service and have tried other lines and had better service if customer is happy with response when there is a problem then they have no reason to even try another company. A happy customer is a loyal customer with no reason to look elswhere. Ccl is a good company they just seem to have dropped the ball on customer service which is what brings repeat bussiness.:D

There growth vs their ability to provide good and CONSISTENT customer service is becoming an issue getting more and more attention. They may have the staff numbers they desire, but the more minimum wage people they employ the more the complaints are going to pile up. Of course CCL is a good company but the impression I get is that for support staff they are cut bone thin and the small incidents are now starting to pile up.

Right now, for me, there are other companies that provide the same value and experience. CCL isn't putting the passenger first, and it shows.

OP, Im sorry you had such a bad time..I was also on this cruise. We had a huge mix up with our dining table assignment due to some late bookers with us,and their requests. We went to Ken,the MD.He straightened it out and our table was as it was requested. Did you go and ask? I just cant see them not helping. I do know that there were a very large amount of persons requesting early seating due to stated"medical reasons". This came from fellow passenegrs who said they were asking for volunteers to switch to the 8:15 seating.

Only tried the buffet once, and I agree with you to some extent,but the pizza on board was very good.(IMO).And, the ice cream was definatly not ice milk..believe me,I had it way to much, and it is the same soft serve I have always had on the ships.

All in all,to me, it was a very good sail. Where you one of the persons who got stuck?

Archived