Balcony Gaurantee????????

texankhj

This will be our 8th cruise but the first time we picked a gaurantee. We are sailing out on Dec. 31st. We paid in full 1 month ago and still do not have a room assignment. Is this a good thing? Does anyone know when our room will be assigned. Also, we would like to send liquor to our room as a gift, how would we do that without a room number.

Hi, Im also in Richardson, TX lol

It could mean anything, hopefully, it means a nice upgrade. Have you looked to see how many cabins are still available in 8A, 8B etc?? Id keep an eye on whats available. I bet they assign the cabin soon. Are you on the Conquest?

You cant send anything to your cabin, until you have it assigned ... which will hopefully be soon.

Hey neighbor, our friends got the last balcony room, 3 weeks ago without a gaurantee for the same price. They got deck 6 forward last balcony starboard side. Looks like a pretty awesome room, with no balcony on the right side. I am not picky as long as I have a balcony, just wish they would assign it.

Well, its not on the Conquest, so probably the Ecstasy since you live in Texas??

I took some pictures last week of Ecstasy and the new balconys, they look great. The funnel was bright red, some fake palm trees added. I havent been on her since dry dock, but will be on her in January, so dont tear her up too bad.

You are sure they didnt assign you a cabin?? Hopefully, they have and just not posted it if you have logged into the Carnival site and it still says TBA, since there are no more balconies or suites available to book.

Hey neighbor, our friends got the last balcony room, 3 weeks ago without a gaurantee for the same price. They got deck 6 forward last balcony starboard side. Looks like a pretty awesome room, with no balcony on the right side. I am not picky as long as I have a balcony, just wish they would assign it.

Try caling Carnival and ask if you have a assigned cabin,if you do they will tell you.

TOM

I too am on the Triumph the 31st. I will check with my PVP to see if the room has been assigned just not posted.

Let us know what happens please. We booked through a TA and he's on vacation until the 19th. Carnival won't discuss anything with us directly they say we have to talk to our TA.

The most important lesson I've learned so far from this first cruise experience is to book directly through Carnival. I'm not the type of personality that likes having to go through someone else to get anything done. I'd much rather speaking directly to the "source" myself.

My wife and I are on the Ecsasty in feb, have a bal Gaur and got our assignment last week. We got E251 which is now listing for about $290pp more than what we paid..I think we made out OK.

I just looked at the Trimuph for 12/31 and the only thing showing available is an inside cabin.. Maybe You'll get Lucky and get the Owners Suite

Great Pix, FF.

Thank you. I thought they were rather good of the balconies myself. I took some at another port thru the window on deck 5 from the promenade area, but the windows have water drops on them that spoil the pictures. This last set shows Ecstasy as it started to steam up thru the funnel and then gradually leave as we stood at the rail on deck 10 of Triumph. Ecstasy left about an hour before we did from our last stop.

My PVP called Carnival and asked when the rooms would be assigned. Carnival told him they should be assigned within the next 3 or 4 days but could not say the exact day. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we are getting a suite out of the deal, I am hoping they are assigning from the bottom up and the longer it takes the higher we are. Will let you know when I get my assignment.

Hey Fire, did you write a review on the Triumph B2B, would love to know your thoughts and hints about the ship. Did you sail out of New Orleans?

Thanks, Texan

Yes, I sailed out of New Orleans. A few nit picking things were in need of maintenance, but overall a good cruise. I liked Jorge the CD. The 2nd leg was better than the first overall, several things were better, the cabin steward big improvement, better cabin placement, the muster was almost on time, weather warmer, less rainy, etc.

The B2B process needed some work, kinda funny, but they didnt seem to have their act together.

We loved the Drury. Even folks who stayed at other Drurys said they liked this one. We had such a beautiful room. I think I heard they had the rooms redone recently. We won 3 things, jewelry, sweet!!! Played bingo, didnt win that of course. Good cruise.

Archived